Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hot & Humid - Nice Visits

It's the end of September and it's HOT and HUMID! That's normal for around here, but just seemed miserable today.

When I was looking out our back window at work, I saw this funny looking worm on the window. I'd never seen one like this so went to google.com to check it out: "This "worm" is usually only seen during very high humidity situations, such as a lot of rain. They are usually found in cool, dark, moist areas. They eat earth worms, slugs, snails, insect larvae, and are even cannibalistic. They usually move and feed at night. They can survive desiccation only if water loss does not exceed 45 percent of their body weight. They have been found commonly in American greenhouses since 1901. Their mouth, which also serves as an anus, is present near mid-body on the ventral surface. "

I found out it's a rarity to find one in our area but there has been some reported. That's neat that I just happened to see one.

Work was quiet. I was really busy today getting odd things done. I do have a new project for next week to be sure everything is organized before I leave. I'll be doing some different types of filing. I also need to clear out anything that's over 10 years old and take it to the storage shed.

I got off at 1:00 and went to lunch with a former co-worker. I try to get there every other month to catch up with her family, this time she was catching up with us. I'll really miss her when we leave. I then went to our neighbor at the condo to catch her up to date on the closing and the status of the RV. We still don't have a date from the factory or building date, but we're moving right along. I'll be home all weekend to go through all our boxes and see if we can get rid of everything we won't use.

We got the sleep machine in the mail yesterday and tried that last night. It took awhile to get use to the "noise" but we both seemed to sleep really well so guess it helped. I''ll use that in the parks so we can cover up the sounds or the roads, trains, and other noises.

Working days to quit work 51

No comments:

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...