Thursday, June 26, 2008

Now We Know

When it gets to the end of the week it's even harder to get up. It doesn't help that I stayed up till after midnight last night then couldn't sleep and watched the clock the rest of the night. Luckily, it's Friday tomorrow. I can always make it through a Friday. I had to be at work at 8:00 instead of 9 this morning. The boss had an appointment to look at a couple new places for the office. They want something bigger so we can fit in and I'm not sitting in the conference room when they have meetings with clients. I'm ok in there, but the clickity clack of the typing drives my boss nuts. (same thing Jim says when I do chat, do I detect a pattern?) I got through another day and left at 1:00. Just before I walked out the door, my boss said they got an email from our missing co-worker. He's back in his home state and won't be returning. We had an early morning meeting saying he had been let go and if anyone heard from him to let everyone know. We have all been worried about him. Well, now we know, he's ok and safe. We have the new person starting Monday coming in from Utah. So work goes on.


Jim was already home and after grabbing a sandwich we headed for the base to get my new military ID. It runs out Saturday. They have a new ID card for the active people that can take up to a half hour, so we both had books and read for the hour that we had to wait, among some very young children that made a lot of noise. Whew, glad those days are over. It took us about 10 minutes once called in and we're on way home. I'm set for another four years. Jim said we'll be in Arizona for the next time we need to get the ID. That sounds so good.

We stopped in to see mom, she's her usual self and doing ok. It's been real hot and she's loving it. Her apartment stays no less then 80-85, so we didn't stay long. We went home, changed into something really cool, like shorts (we were both in work clothes). I read a few blogs, got supper and sat in the recliner for the rest of the night with chats, puzzles, emails and blogs.

Days left to hit the road 1 yr 8 mths 25 days. June 25 in 2 yrs we should be somewhere out there.

No comments:

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...