Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Aging

I've been thinking about this for a couple days. Now, this is NOT a complaint, it's a fact. If you don't laugh, smile, or nod you're too young. Just remember when you get older that you read it somewhere on a blog.

I got up at 9:30, only because I remembered I had some ironing to do and it was my last chance of free time to get it done. When I got out of bed, my back cracked, the elbow was sore feeling and my foot cracked. I giggled a little thinking it's been awhile since it did that, which means I slept good. If I'm restless at night it seems to keep things lubricated and I don't crack as much. As I'm walking down the hall the knee almost gave way, didn't hurt just didn't want to hold me up, so of course I grabbed the wall. Nothing new, just normal reactions walking with one leg. When I poured my coffee and sat down at the computer (always check emails when drinking coffee) my neck gave a loud cracking noise, awww that felt pretty good since I couldn't move it just right before it cracked. Ok, now I'm set. Aging isn't for the whimps, it's not easy.

After emails I decided to see how much it would cost to have our "stuff" sent to the kids. I put in moving vans and got a ton of websites. I picked one out sent in the info and within minutes I got a call for an estimate. I had 3 more calls within a half hour. How did that one entry get me so many other companies. At least I have estimates. I got more calls during the day, but let them go to voice mail. I won't do that again. Beware, websites are hooked to other websites that you don't know about. It must work like spam. Anyway, we'll figure something else out. They want as much to send 6 items to Illinois as you could buy brand new, so won't be worth going that route.

Work wasn't all bad. I kept busy. We hired two more people by phone, if they accept we'll have them working next month. Lots of little things going on, but I'll keep that for another day. I worked till 5:00 which always puts me into heavy traffic coming home.

I got our supper then had a great call from a dear friend in Indiana. Thank you M. I'm blogging a little later and it's almost time for chat. Speaking of chat, be sure you read the www.rv-dreams.com journal today. Howard gives a very good description why people go full time in an RV. It's exactly how we feel and we're both really looking forward to it.

Days left to buy the RV/truck 1 yr 8 mths 26 days

No comments:

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...