Thursday, May 15, 2008

Medical Tests

I woke up at 3:15am and just couldn't get back to sleep. I wanted to get up at 5:30 to eat something because it was 7 hr before the test I was to take that I wasn't suppose to eat anything. I knew I couldn't last till 3:00pm so I timed it for eating. I was right on schedule and went back to bed till 10:30 so I wouldn't feel hungry or use up energy.

If you're not interested in the medical procedure, please skip this part and go to the bottom. We got there 11:45 for my 12:00 appt. UNC hospital is a zoo and it's hard to park. I'm glad Jim went with me so he could drop me off and park. It was easy from that point on and I got registered and didn't even wait one minute. There were two students with the person that was in charge, so she explained everything that was going to happen. That wouldn't happen in a normal hospital. It was really cool how they do it. I got a quick IV of nuclear "stuff" which goes direct to the liver then to the gallbladder it takes about 1 hr for it to go though and they take pictures every 15 minutes. No bottle of liquid, nothing else, just a syringe of "stuff" which I didn't even know it went in. The machine is like an MRI only more open and the sides can move for a 360 degree turn. After 1 hr they did a saline and some other "stuff" to make the gallbladder contract. It gave me the same feeling I have all the time, so it did the job. She was showing the students what it was suppose to do and if something was wrong what it would do. Mine is ok, as far as she could tell. So, Tues I'll go to my Dr and see what the Dr. at UNC found if anything. If nothing is found, I'll just live with it and have to be careful on what I eat. So I wait. The surprising thing, I didn't get sick and I thought sure I would. I was out 2 hours later, feeling HUNGRY. We stopped on the way home for food and I did nothing the rest of the afternoon. I was back in the chatroom for the evening hours.

Check the TIME to buy the RV/Truck. It's down to

2 YEARS 11 mths 30 days ya gotta love it


A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

See, all that worry over the test for nothing. Hope everything will be ok when you see the doctor on Tuesday.

Speedy said...

Good deal Lucile! I know you are glad to get that behind you. I hate test...all kinds...I know you will be OK...your a Dreamer.

Joe and Sherri

Jenny Johnson said...

Glad to hear everything is okay so far...See you in chat.

Mark and Dortha said...

I know you are glad today is over with. I know you will get a good report on Tuesday.

We are counting the days with you until you to can travel.