Thursday, January 31, 2008

Photo Albums & Pictures

When we arrived in North Carolina in 1996, I had 2 boxes of pictures (big boxes) and several photo albums. My hubby traveled a lot so I decided to get out ALL the pictures and albums spread them on the living room floor, date them and put them all in albums in year order. Now that's a job in itself, but I had a bit of help. At the time we had a 4 month old kitty, very fun and with lots of energy. I had all the pictures in date order all over the living room, all sorted. The kitty, thought he'd use the pictures as a slide and from out of nowhere came running and stopped at the piles which sent him across the room taking all the pictures with him. He did it on purpose, you could see him smile when he got up and pranced over for a hug. I was laughing so hard on how he did it that I just laid on the floor with the piles of pictures and played with him. Yep, you got it, I had to do it all over again.

After a couple days of sorting, organizing and getting all the photos in albums The total albums was 35. Now it's 2008, we're going in an RV and I need to do something with these photos. I took all the military pictures, Vietnam, and overseas pictures to the photo store to be put on CD. The guy did a wonderful job. I also took all the 8mm film, which he put on DVD. Now little by little I'm taking every page and scanning them into the computer to put on CD. That should be project for a couple years. It's a good thing I only work 25 hours a week. I could have the store do it all, but it's very expensive, and I want them in a certain order.

I also sent my school year books to my home town which has a museum. I have had many memories looking at all those pictures. I gave the kids a few of the pictures so they have something to show the grandkids. Maybe this will give you some ideas what to do with all those photos laying in a box.

Days left to buy the RV/truck 3 yrs 3 mos 14 days

No comments:

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...