Friday, December 22, 2023

Special Visitors - Jazz Concert - Hot Shower - MERRY CHRISTMAS

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  69  Lo 54)  Now this is Christmas weather

This was a very slow quiet week. I can't believe I even had three days of nothing to do, well almost. 

Sunday I had a surprise visit. RV'ing friends contacted me to see if I was here and stopped by for a visit. Carol and Jeff have met up a few times and we stay in contact. They're traveling around Florida then back to Texas. I was happy to show them the village and then went to the Mexican restaurant "Pedro" for dinner. Thank you so much for visiting. We'll catch up again in the future. 

An hour before Carol and Jeff got here I went to a Christmas concert. The group was called Hashtag, swing band. Very good band. I was impressed with an older lady playing the drums. Our son played drums so I'm always interested in any drum player. I didn't get her name. 

Monday:  I've been taking really cool, like in temperature, showers since I got here. In the summer that's fine. But these cold temperatures lately it's not good. I got hold of Maintenance on Friday (by text) and they were here at 8:30 on Monday morning. I knew how to fix the shower from Youtube but I didn't have the right Allen wrench. I can't believe I he got it fixed in 15 minutes and now I'm taking really hot showers.  Later in the afternoon I went to the dementia class.  I'm learning so much on how to deal with others and what I can see for what may happen with myself. We have the classes once a month. To finish out the day was cards and zoom with the GBM gals. 

Tuesday: I went to diamond art but there wasn't but two there and they didn't stay long. I worked on my picture for a couple hours then went home. The meditation classes are over till the first of the year. 

Wednesday:  My massage and chiropractor was today. I've been having a lot of problems with my left hand. I have a pinched nerve from crocheting without much of a break, so now that I have the crochet orders done for Christmas I'll take a couple breaks and give my hands a break. At least the massage helped a lot. I played cards in the evening. 

Now this is where things changed. I had NOTHING planned for the rest of the week. I planned only on making apple crisp and no bake cookies for Monday's potluck and that's it. I thought Friday would be a good day to just stay in PJ's. I had the apples frozen and got them out last night. They were all brown and soft so I got dressed and went to the commissary to get butter and apples. It was packed but I found a quick lane and was out and back home in half hour. I got my apple crisp made and I'll do the cookies tomorro. 

I started the mornings this week with comedians on youtube. That sets the days off on a high note, if not comedians,  I watch kitty videos and get a few laughs. It's helped a lot setting up each day with a laugh. 

I tried to open a bottle of wine and the bottle opener screw part broke. Kathy actually got it out so I was able to use the wine, which was from Pennsylvania. I got it while in the RV in that part of the country.  I'm trying to use all the wine up from travels. Only a few have gone bad. The screw is inside the plastic type cork. 

This Saturday night social. What a great group of gals. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...