Saturday, September 9, 2023

Getting into Daily Routine - Rehab - Memories

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 91  Lo 74) Still not cooling down much

When I wake up in the mornings I have to check the calendar. There's barely enough time to eat all day, and I'm loving it. I'm getting into a routine, not that it's a good thing, but at least it's something to do daily and I'm getting comfortable in doing stuff I like. I've picked up new activities and dropped a couple in the past six months. It's all good. 

Monday was  the busiest. I went to WII bowling and wasn't as good as last week. It was Labor Day but that didn't stop the rehab gal. She had several of us with appointments. She's now taking videos of me doing the exercise and talks about how long and how to do it. She's got them all in Rehab folder in Google photos. Smart idea. I now have homework to do and can go by the videos on which ones to do.

When I left rehab, I grabbed a sandwich and went to our village ice cream social. A lot of the other villages didn't celebrate. We had a great turnout. I forgot to get a picture of the ice cream toppings. They thought of everything. I played cards then did zoom with the GBM gals. We always have laughs and fun time. (GBM is brain cancer and all the gals in the zoom have lost their husbands). 

Tuesday: The first thing was the diamond art craft. There's still a few that work on the pictures we started. It's great to talk and do something creative. I'm not sure I'll continue making them. I'd much rather crochet. 

Meditation was next. The topic was joy and what brings us joy. I'm trying to learn to not be so serious and have more joy so it was a good topic for me.  I had a couple hours before playing cards so watched some videos and got a decent dinner. I sat out with the gals till dark.  

Wednesday: I'm in two leagues of WII bowling and this one was a little better then Monday. I have to get more consistent. I had half hour after leaving that to get to my massage and chiropractor appointment. I'm not as out of shape as last time. I still have neck tightness and a couple vertebrae's that don't stay in place, but I was all back in shape when I left. 

I got home in time for the zoom class on triggers. I love that class and only have one more to go. When the class was over I had three minutes to get to chimes practice. I made it! I've timed it before so I knew I could do it. It's a fast walk across the parking lot. 

When that was over, I beelined it back to our village for card playing. I'm doing well in walking so far. The rehab is for NOT walking but falling, or if I did fall I can get back up on my own.  I sat outside till dark. 

Thursday: Ut oh, I messed up and put two things at the same time. I wanted to go to activities meeting, which I did for 15 minutes, but then had to leave to do the rehab. I didn't get the meeting on the schedule and didn't want to change the time and mess up the gal that does rehab. When I was done with her I got in the car and went to the other village for crochet time with a bunch of gals. Some don't live here yet, they're on the waiting list.  I made a llama for one of the gals and got 3 more orders. Yeah!!  I wanted to learn tatting, so one of the gals knows how to do it and showed me. That's going to be challenging.  When that was over I finally got something to eat and went to cards, then outside.

Friday:  I woke up at 1:30am. I hadn't been asleep very long. Two years ago Jim passed at 1:30am. Needless to say I didn't get back to sleep. It was a rough morning, but I had rehab and thankful I had something to go and do at 10am.  At 1:00 I went to the Hawthorn House for the chimes concert.

Our songs were from Disney so we had mouse ears on. This is the chimers. From front to back: Cindy, Mary, Dee, Donna, Josie, Donna, Rae, Kelly our leader. 

I talked to one of the ladies that just moved in from our village and she loves it. They have assisted care with lots of activities and three meals a day. She looks so good. I think just eating right is a huge plus. I'm glad she's doing so well.  I didn't play cards but was on my regular zoom with the North Carolina friends. We're still continuing our time together even if we don't live by each other. 

As you see I'm getting into a regular routine. I didn't get many pictures this time, but did get a few of the sky. It's so much prettier in real life. but I'll leave this weeks blog with the skies. 




2 comments:

owensontheroad said...

Glad you keep so busy! My great grandmother did a lot of tatting. I think it's a lost art. I still have quite a few hankies and table cloths with her tatting around it. Very special!

Phyllis said...

Your routine would exhaust most of us. Well, at least me.

New Month - Entertainment - Puzzle

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 80   Lo  72)  Rain most of the day A new month has started, getting closer to the cruise in November and then it's Ch...