Saturday, September 2, 2023

All Eyes on Hurricane - WII Bowling - A New Group

 Shalimar, Fl  (Hi  85  Lo 74)  Cooled down a bit  Another "I" storm

This was a very busy week, which I really enjoy. The beginning of the week was all eyes on the hurricane Idalia. I took precaution getting water and extra snacks, but otherwise waited it out to see how far west it would travel. As it got to the middle of Florida I knew it wasn't going to effect us. There was NO rain or wind, so we got lucky. 

Sunday:  My first game of the season was WII bowling. I had a first time high score of 223. My goal is to get a 300 and then hold that score.  I also bowled on Wednesday with a different group and had a high score of 213. I need to be a lot more consistent.  I've got till December to get it done. 

Monday: I went to lunch with one of the gals and yhen played cards. Today I actually did laundry and cleaned the apartment. It was a down day. I'll be bowling on Monday's from here on, but this week a couple gals had appointments so we switched days. 

Tuesday: I started early, at 10:00 was the diamond painting to work on our pictures. There were only about five of us, but we have a great time gabbing. I had my first rehab with Kelly a couple hours later. I'm trying to gain strength in my knees and legs for more support before the age of "falling" and I'm trying not to have a rollator (walking cart). We're working on what I can and can't do without pain and still get strength. I also saw her on Wednesday and Friday. I'll be going three days a week for a few weeks. At 1:00 was meditation. This week the topic was Glimmer. It's the opposite of trigger. You think of the good things that glimmer to make you relaxed and have feel good moments. It's a way to think positive and not negative in everyday life.  I had time to get some dinner then played cards and sat outside till dark. I had the regular chat for the rest of the evening. 

 Thursday: I'm picking up the afternoon with a group of gals in another building for crochet. I'm hoping to learn more and also meet another group of gals. One gal is coming that doesn't live here yet. She's getting to know people in the complex and hoping to move in before long. That's another project I'll be doing at least thru the winter months. I had another zoom class then played cards and sat outside. 

Friday: I caught up with sis for an hour then had rehab. While I was at the commons area I stayed around and played darts with a couple people. I love that game too. It's all about socializing. I had the afternoon to get a few things done and crocheted. I got an order while at the crocheting group yesterday, so will get it done and give it to the gal next week. 

Saturday:  Our village one had our monthly meeting starting the winter season and making plans for the Labor day on Monday with an ice cream social. We brought up Christmas ideas for our lounge Christmas tree in our village which will be fun to make ornaments for it. 

When a group of us were sitting outside we had a red centipede go past us (there's a peanut shell in front of it). That's the first time in many years I've seen one. 

                I made a gnome for Christmas

I'm staying busy that's the main thing. I have now been here for six months on the third. It's gone fast and I'm loving it as much as I did the first week. We have more storms to keep an eye on, and I have an exit plan if I do have to leave. The gals all say we'll be fine, just plan for no electricity for awhile. Thank you for reading and see you next week.  

2 comments:

Shane said...

Hi Dee, I sure enjoy you blog. I am Retired Army so my wife and I can relate to alot of what you have dealt with. I have followed you and Jims blog for a while but was always a lurker and never commented. I am so glad to see your evolution since Jims passing. You are one tough cookie. Thanks for sharing and I hope to comment more. Shane.

Phyllis said...

What a lovely comment from Shane above. I often wonder who reads my blog. Now you know one of yours.

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...