Friday, June 23, 2023

More Storms - Eye Doctor - Friend Visiting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 87  Lo 74) 


We had a terrific storm on Sunday morning. I've lived in Florida off and on for many years but this was the first time I was a bit nervous. The worst part it, there was tornado and I missed the alert. I had so many alarms on the phone which most were severe weather, but one was tornado warning. There was a three wheeled bike turned over and steel outdoor furniture seat turned over. A few odds and ends scattered about (pillows from lawn furniture) and tree limbs, but nothing serious.  It made for an interesting morning. The tornado actually was in Destin, but we had hard winds here. 

                                                Destin, FL  waterspout that came inland. 

In the afternoon we met with the son of one of the gals back from a vacation. She calls him every Saturday night at happy hour. It was great meeting him in person. I played cards with the gals in the evening. 

Monday was another stormy morning, but not like yesterday. There was a water spout in the gulf and it went on land, but didn't last long. I had my eye appointment at 10:00 so I missed most of the harder rains. Doctor Purdy was great and I passed with flying colors. I'm having a bit of trouble with the left eye and she ordered a new lens for that  eye. I'll get it in two weeks. I have two more doctors to go, dermatology and dentist.  

Tuesday: I'm getting into a lull time so crocheting a lot. There's been storms and the heat is getting to most of the gals, so everyone is staying in. I did the meditation group and it went well. The leader is on vacation for a couple weeks. 

Wednesday: I got up early to go to a Laughter is the best medicine activity. We waited about 20 minutes and no one showed up, so I went back home and cleaned the apartment. I let the little "maid" the Rumba clean the floors while I dusted. I love watching it move around, go under the couch and clean the whole area. It gets trapped once in awhile and I'll have to pick it up and send it on it's way thru the room. I'm glad I have it, saves my back from sweeping. 

Thursday: A quiet day over all. I got up way to early (7:30) just couldn't go back to sleep. I hate doing that, it makes the day too long. I had shuffleboard at 1:00. There were four of us playing. I put up a sign to remind people it's Thursday and a sign for darts for Friday. I played cards which we gained a couple more gals. 

Friday I made the last few changes and cleanup for my friend from Illinois, Ruth who came in the afternoon. I picked her up at the airport then we went to lunch, Twisted Grape, to the commissary and back home just in time for a quick rain shower. We settled in watching some TV for the evening. We'll do a lot tomorrow.  This is where we had lunch. 

Friday the sewing group got together to learn some advanced sewing. 
The peace lily plant made it from Illinois is a bouncy truck and still growing so fast and big. I'm loving it. 
                                        One night this week after a rain storm. This was BRIGHT!
A week with Ruth will be fun, showing the area and what my life it like. See you next week. 

No comments:

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...