Friday, June 16, 2023

Catching Up - New Doctors - Storms - Turkey Creek

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  90  Lo  74)  High humidity

This week I'm catching up on what I didn't do last week being in Illinois. There's always something that needs attending to, so all done and ready for the fun ahead. 

I have to start all over again on Doctors. I have a new massage therapist, and chiropractor (in the same office). The therapist was in the military then 20 yrs as a policeman. My first time with a male and he did a great job working with my neck. Tuesday I met with my new general doctor and can't get blood work done till August 1. It's a long wait for anyone to see doctors or get anything done in this area. I did get a dermatologist in two weeks and the dentist will be in August. I like to get it all done in June for the birthday month, easier to track the yearly dates. 

Most of this week was following storms. If you know me. it's all about weather, why? it's something we can't control, we learn to deal with it. It's having plans if there's an exit you need to do. (hurricanes, tornadoes) be prepared.  I watched a lot of the storm chasers in Texas where nothing would be bothered except cows. The cloud formations are beautiful and most of the time they don't drop tornadoes. (Like this one). 

Then the end of the week storms were in the south and very close to me. It's the wrong time of year for tornadoes, but there's been a few and water spouts off the gulf that go inland. Staying alert and safe is priority. 

My neighbor and I decided to take a day of sightseeing and getting a few things done. Anne has been here awhile and knows the area. I'm always willing to learn from her and go places. We went to Niceville just north of the village to Turkey Creek. (Click on the photos to enlarge). 

This area is fantastic. There's a mile long boardwalk that goes over the bayou and has flowing water. There's turtles, gators, birds, bears in this area, but you're pretty safe on the boardwalk. It's a little over two miles. We saw only turtles this time.

                                                Anne and Dee
The water is shallow (today) and there's several places for swimming and plastic donuts to flow down the creek. 

                                                 Cute flowers, have no idea what they are. 
                   We had lunch in Niceville at Boathouse Landing.  We saw the shrimp boat in the bay. 
                                            New fish from this area called Cobia. I loved it. What a wonderful lunch. 
Cobia fish
Thursday I received my t-shirt and the bird I ordered in Illinois. The bird looks great outside and it moves on breezy days. 
                                                            Free to be me.  
Thursday was indoor shuffleboard. There were three of us this time, but so much more going on that most people spread out. The Paint and sip was popular, painting a picture from an artist. There was a card making class in another room. There's no reason to be bored around here, that's for sure. 

Friday I had darts. Three people came to play but at the same time they had a "fitting of formals" for the upcoming SENIOR prom. It was filled with ladies trying on formal dresses that have been donated. 
                      Monica was in the light pink and Bobbie Jo in the dark top. (I didn't know the other lady. 
                                                Bobbie Jo
                                          There's at least 3 hangers of ladies formals and even some men's suits. 

                                        We continued our dart games, but I didn't take pictures. 
Other things:  We had a strong storm this morning. The electric went out for a few minutes and so did the WIFI. It wasn't off long, but I thought for awhile I lost the WIFI box from lightening. There were a lot of tree limbs down, but nothing drastic. 
                                                I love this tree it's so pretty, I think it's a crape myrtle. 
                                                One more crocheted dog for a gal here. 
                                            Another busy week coming up. Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Summer Agenda - Changes in Schedule - Council - Pour Painting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  83  Lo  64) This is the last week before the summer agenda. The bowling has ended till August and different summer activ...