Saturday, July 9, 2022

Fireworks - Packing for Another Trip

 Shiloh, IL (Hi 92  Lo 78)

I didn't do or go anywhere on the 4th of July, but from Friday to Tuesday there was fireworks going off.  The 4th they continued till after midnight. The sound would bounce off our buildings and echo. I watched a few, but you see one you see them all. 

I didn't get out this week except to go to Frank's for a great pork chop dinner. He made a mustard covering which was really good. They come up with the neatest meals. I stayed awhile then came home to follow storm chasers. That's been my time consumer for something on TV (Youtube) to watch all the storm chasers all over the country. I'm learning so much from what they see and describe. Sometimes they catch a tornado and most of the time they don't form. I'm not as afraid of them as I was last year. 

I am crocheting, still working with the guitar and working on the puzzle. Things don't change much in my days. I try to get up really late so the day isn't so long and that's working out great. I also watch a lot of TV shows and youtube documentaries. If it's not really hot I do a daily mile walk. This week one year ago I got the keys for the apartment. I borrowed and bought several things to live decently because my household goods hadn't arrived yet. 

Here's the crocheting I've done for the craft fair coming up in October. Little clothespin angels to hook to a tree or anything thin (like rope line). 

I was watching storms coming in from the west and it got ugly looking for awhile. No lightening and no severe weather but a huge rain with a bit of wind came through. We sure needed the rain and it's going to rain today (Saturday) too. 


I'm packing up for another trip a few days in Florida. I'll be writing about it for next weeks blog. Please follow along. 

No comments:

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...