Monday, July 11, 2022

Trip Three - Florida

 Coral Cables, FL   (Hi 90   Lo  80)

The flight left Sunday at 2:20 for Florida. I met a lady online a year ago and we talked about RV's and me coming back to Florida but I wanted to meet her in person. I'm staying three days with two shorter days of traveling back and forth. The flight was excellent, the pilot went around a few storms on the Florida coast. If I travel 4 days or less I seldom take anything but a backpack. It works great and I usually never miss taking anything I need. 

                                            Full plane
 Belleville MidAmerica airport. It only has two gates. I did get patted down, AGAIN. Guess they don't trust old ladies, The shoes came off too. 
                                        Looking toward the tower and Scott AFB. 
                                        Coming in for a landing in Punta Gorda, Fl. 
When I stepped outside the heat hits with the humidity, ahhhhh back in Florida.  Roberta found me right away and we took off for Harpoon Harry's for dinner. The time is now an hour later then Illinois. 

                                There was a nice breeze from the Peace River which flows to the Gulf of Mexico. 
I was watching the water and saw sparkles. I had no idea what was going on it was sunny and bright, then Roberta noticed it was raining.  That's another thing with Florida. It can be pouring and still sunny. 
Roberta has a pool on the patio and it's screened in. We spend a lot of time out there. There's always a breeze here, nothing like Auburndale where we lived. I love her light tree in patio. 
Monday: I had an appointment at the DMV to get my address changed and to do a few other documents. I got it all done and on our way in a couple hours. Then we went to the Boat House in Cape Coral for lunch. 



 Only in Florida can you get the "real" Cuban sandwich. I've had better in Miami, but this one sure was good. 
This area has roped off sections for burrowing owls. They're so little and they sit on the sticks people put out for them. This one happened to be watching for danger while the mate was "burrowing the home". They're so cute. There's area's all over the Cape Coral that are sectioned off. Everyone hopes to have an owl in they're yard. 
Roberta showed me around town and all the great homes. I picked out two that's for sale. Anyone want to donate to a fundme account, I'll take it.  The white one is my first pick. 

I have more this week, but thought I'd get a head start and break the blog up into small groups. 

2 comments:

Bill Joyce said...

Of course the Cuban sandwich is better in Florida, it was invented in Miami and is unknown in Cuba.

owensontheroad said...

Always nice to go home, but nice to be by family!

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...