Saturday, February 5, 2022

Winter Storm

 Shiloh, IL (Hi 27  Lo 12)

This is all about my first big winter storm in a very long time. It's not like having a tornado in the Midwest with very little or no warning about what's coming in the area. In the winter you have plenty of time to prepare. I woke up Monday morning to several weather alerts on the phone. It wasn't a watch, but a full blown winter warning with lots of pretty colors on the radar. I have to get use to the different colors they use for the winter. 

Tuesday it began. It started out with rain, then it got colder, sleet and ice was next over night. The little ice pellets continued for the whole day I could hear them on the window. It sleeted off and on till  around midnight. I was still up so I could make out the change in the street lights. (Click on the photos to enlarge.)

                                                    The six hour difference is just sleet. 


By Thursday morning this was the view and it snowed little flakes then bigger flakes all day. I have to admit it was pretty and I didn't have to get out in it. For the first time I didn't have to worry about work. The final total was about six inches of snow. 


The maintenance guy had to clear out our hallway every couple hours. The wind was blowing all the snow through the hallways of a couple buildings. 
My back patio. After this was taken I had snow coming in the kitchen when I opened the door. 
It's only three inches at this picture but later in the evening we did get six inches. 
One of our friends sent me a slushy recipe. Get a glass of snow fill it and pour in wine with a little sugar, stir and drink. It was excellent. I had a couple glasses. 


I read that sediment and bad stuff was in snow. I can't see anything in this glass of melted snow.  
 
It's pretty at night because of the street lights and the balcony above me puts out a lot of light. 


                                I've been busy with crochet orders. I finished a Llama this week.

It's 27 degrees on Friday and I really wanted to build a snowman. I decided on an owl and put him on the patio. It didn't take long. I was going to make a snow angel but there's no one around to pull me up and my knees just won't let me get back up. As our son said, winter isn't so bad after all. I didn't have to drive in it and the roads are clear now if I do need to get out. 
                                          It didn't last long, it was down in four hours. At least I made one. 

4 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

Love your snow owl. Beautiful white snow covering everything is fun to see as long as there is no going out in it. And it is warm inside. In other words, pictures of snow work for me. 😁

owensontheroad said...

I don't miss the snow, but again I had to drive to work in it. It wouldn't be so bad now. Nice that you live where maintenance takes care of shoveling.

Phyllis said...

Great snowy pics

I tried to get on your blog from my list on my blog of blogs I follow. I recently changed to Norton anti virus. It would not let me. Said it was not safe. Strange. I got on now thru FB.

Nancy and Bill said...

Thanks for sharing!!! Love the photos and that's as close as I want to get to the white stuff🤣

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...