Sunday, December 6, 2020

White Coat Guys Coming to Take us Away - Orlando Balloon Glow

 Auburndale, Fl  (Hi  73  Lo 49)

This week was busy but not like last week. Monday, I met with the vampire for six month blood check, the results were back the next day. All looks good but I'll meet with the doctor next week to be sure I don't have to do anything else for another six months. 

Wednesday Jim had an eye appointment, just a check and it took a couple hours. They had to clean everything between patients, due to covid,  which takes some time. We have to plan on that from now on.  I had a zoom meeting with the community owners for rent. I love the zoom, I hope that continues when we need meetings. In fact we're doing that for our general meeting next week with the community HOA leaders. 

Thursday, There were seven guys in white outfits to take us away. 








We had our vapor barrier and insulation put under the house. That was entertaining to watch and loud with the nailing and stapling going on. 

Some of the before and after pictures. We had an animal making tearing sounds so we knew we better do something. 



Other pictures 




The barrier laid out. 
They finished with mesh along the whole house. Unless they dig under the mesh fencing, we'll have no more animals. 

Friday I worked at hospice but the computer was so slow and I didn't have patience to wait on it to go to each screen so came home an hour early. It's great to be a volunteer,  I can come and go without any problems. 

Saturday was our big day! I wrapped gifts all morning, hoping to get them in the mail on Monday.  At 3:30 we left for Orlando for the Balloon Glow. I have a full album you can see the videos and photos of the whole evening. We took a bus from the mall to the Blue Jacket Park. There were a lot of food vendors which were high priced but good food. I found a lobster roll for dinner. 
We walked around watching the guys get three balloons ready to go in the air for rides taking people up about 75 feet in the air and back down. We did a real hot air balloon years ago which you can read here
We watched all the activity between twelve balloons. At 7:00 they did different fire pulls to make the balloons light up at different intervals. I thought they'd do it with music but that didn't happen. The best way to see what I'm talking about  just see photos. The balloons were tethered to vans and trucks with huge ropes. 

Here's just a couple views.  (Click on the photos to enlarge). 








It was a great evening and I'm glad we went. We got home about 9:00.  It was great getting out and doing something different. 

1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Glad you are still able to Safely enjoy things going on in your area.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...