Saturday, August 15, 2020

What is it? - Storms

 Auburndale, FL (Hi  90  Lo 75)

For a couple of weeks we keep smelling something in the refrigerator. We've cleaned it out twice and still can't find it. We're beginning to think it's the refrig itself. We're still trying to find it with another clean out  we  waited awhile and see if the smell goes away. It did, but still trying to find out what it is.  Jim decided to take everything out again today and only put in a few items at a time once the smell was gone. After three times of reloading we figured it has to be beans in a closed tight container. So, now they're gone and there's  no more smell. The problem is solved. Who would have thought it would be something closed so tightly and still smell. 

Our summer storms are here. A lot of them go around us, some just die out when they get to our area. We haven't had the rains we normally get this year, but the lightening sure has been bad. Thursday evening another big lightening storm and a bolt hit the park gates and blew out the water system pumps. It's the water we use for car washing and sprinkler system. We don't need the sprinkler system since it rains almost daily even though it's quick. I was going to clean up the golfcart today, but no water to use, except for the house water. 

I've been working on  puzzle nine and it was a hard one. I happened to think a puzzle is just like life. One piece/day at a time. It can't be put together by several pieces at once, it's one piece at a time. I finally finished the puzzle tonight.  It took 12 ten hour days to get 'er done.  This is a Thomas Kincaid puzzle and it's not easy. It's sure pretty when done.  Now I need to get back to crocheting for Christmas items. I have found all the patterns, just need to get it all started. 








I'm settling in to a new way of life without restaurants. I'm doing different recipes (thanks Google) which turn out really good. I notice people are more relaxed. At work it's a lot different with more laughing and overall being a lot more relaxed. It's a good thing. People are talking about getting to know their families better by being together. There's always a reason things happen.

Jim put together a collage of all our cars. I thought it's neat and worth keeping on the blog. (Click on the photo to enlarge).  I don't even remember a couple of them. 

Our visitors at the canal this week were Woodstorks, not just one, but four. I got a photo of 3 of them. 









4 comments:

Barb in FL said...

Hi Dee - My guess is that they were black beans. Used to work across from a Cuban resturant. I could always tell if they had the black beans by how they smelled when they came into the store. I did ask quite a few to see if my suspicions were correct. Some wondered how I knew what they ate if I came right out and asked them if they had the black beans with their cuban sandwich. Oh course, I never told them they smelled :)

With the puzzles, do you set how much time you work on them at a time to keep from sitting too long or getting neck or eye strain?

Loved the car pictures. My first two: 1962 Chevy Nova station wagon and a 1971 Toyota Corona 4-dr sedan. Kind of the opposite of the first & last cars in the top row.

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Barb: I get up every hour to walk around get some water and move about 5 minutes. I also move my arms and neck a lot. If I start to cramp I lay down or sit in lounge chair for a bit.

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Glad you are both staying safe not only from the storms but the virus in the air.
Nice looking cars.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Phyllis said...

I don't think I could remember all my past cars or years. And I really have not had all that many. A few before first marriage. A few during first marriage. One in between. And a few since second marriage. But model and year? No clue.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...