Saturday, June 30, 2018

Shrimp Boil - Helping Neighbor

Auburndale, FL  (Hi 85  Lo 74)

Sunday, we went to a shrimp boil at the St. Albans church. I helped in the kitchen to get 22 pounds of shrimp cooked, potatoes, corn and hush puppies prepared. There were three of us and I got to know the gals and how things are arranged in the kitchen. That's always good to know.  I forgot to get very many pictures especially of the food. (Click on the pictures to enlarge).










The mayor of Auburndale was there to celebrate the 120th year of the church. It was quite a celebration and history of the church. We had a good time and had a lot of food left over.

Monday Jim went to the Tampa Bay Rays baseball game in St. Petersburg. I went to darts. Not much goes on for Mondays.

The golfcart is put in the front of the carport and a post was in the way to get in and out, so Skip took out the post to give us more room. We love it.

A couple days this week Sandi and I  helped Linda after having major dental work.  She had four hours of work on Tuesday then finished it on Friday. The pills she took put her in lala land. She remembers very little. We had to be sure she didn't fall and get her ice, food and anything needed. I took out the dogs and helped with them. She has two Yorkie's that are so well behaved. There's no way you can't fall in love with them.
Linda with ice pack.

Zoe and Baxter.

Jim had a dentist appointment for cleaning and I had my yearly eye appointment. I'm doing fine after cataract surgery. I don't need glasses changed and all is well for another year. That's good to know.

There's a lot of activity across the canal being the July 4th weekend. There's little kids learning the jetski. It's fun watching them, just hope the alligator doesn't come in from the other side of the lake.

It's been the regular week with heat and afternoon rains. See you next week.

No comments:

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...