Thursday, July 3, 2014

Being Crafty

(Carson City, NV) Hi 96 Lo 55 -- I've been very busy with crocheting and getting ideas from Pinterest for different things to keep me busy during our one-month stay here. If you know me, you know that I need to stay busy when we're not on the move. Between my projects, the time we've spent with our friends George and Linda, and all the sightseeing in the area, I've been pretty busy. Here's the projects I've done since we've been here. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Place mats for my sister. Every square is different.












I had a bunch of t-shirts that I got tired of wearing (or maybe "shrunk" a little too much over the years), but just didn't want to throw them away. So I cut out the designs and sewed them on a sheet for a bed topper. I have plenty more shirts, so I'll keep adding more designs as they wear out or I get tired of wearing them.











Linda and I went to Michael's today to get more yarn and look around. I have spent more than a few hours on Pinterest.com, and have more ideas of what to make. I'm thinking of selling some things on Etsy.com to get some money to buy more yarn and supplies.

We also went to Walmart to pick up food for our 4th of July cookout tomorrow. Our park is full, so I'm sure there will be a lot of grills out tomorrow.

We caught up on some TV shows during the evening while I worked on my crocheting projects.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love to knit and crochet too but my skill level is limited to hats, scarves, dishcloths and kids ponchos. I get free patterns and ideas at www.ravelry.com You might check it out if you haven't already.
We are just 100 miles from you in Sacramento.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...