Sunday, April 7, 2013

Defrosting Refrigerator - NASCAR Race

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 82  Lo 57 -- It was another noisy night at the night club next door. I'm glad it's the last time we'll hear all the noise and commotion at the Sierra Club next to us. It kept us both awake past closing time till everyone left the parking lot. Lots of shouting, car horns, and revving engines. I'm very glad we're moving to a quieter site next year.

We picked up Kathleen and Jon for church this morning, then stayed and ate at the church's brunch buffet. They put out some great food, including made to order omelets and a full dinner buffet.

When we got home I called mom and she's doing quite well. I then defrosted the fridge, which took only 35 minutes. I hear people take all day to defrost their refrigerators in an RV. I take everything out one side at a time (we have a two-door refrigerator). I fill a dishpan with hot water and use a dishrag soaked with the hot water and start let water go  down the back of the freezer. Let the hot water go down the ice a few times and the ice will dissolve. I use a plastic scraper to remove the ice. It comes loose in sheets The more hot water you use the quicker it comes off. Remove all the broken ice, dry it out, and I'm done. I took a final inventory of food before we leave Wednesday so I know what I need to buy on our final grocery shopping trip tomorrow.

I watched the race from Martinsville while I crocheted. I also read several blogs and am now caught up again. Jim read and dozed while watching the race.

1 comment:

Jim and Sandie said...

I waited way too long to defrost my fridge this last time. I'm not going to do that again. I would not be able to handle all the noise from the club. Grumpy would definitely describe me.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...