Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday, Already?

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 71 Lo 55 -- Chilly start, but it warmed up nicely today and it was a great  day for walking two miles. I went to the Happy Hookers and worked on my vest while talking to the gals about the lightning damage around the park from that storm a few nights ago. A few satellite dishes were damaged, the park's wi-fi tower was hit, and several people had some appliances fried. We feel so lucky that we didn't have any damage. I guess our whole house surge protector did its job. Later in the morning Kathleen, Judy and I walked around the park a couple times which was a little over two miles.

I got some lunch when I got back, then finished my ornaments that I started yesterday. While doing that I caught up on some TV shows. I made 12 of them, so I'm passing them out to some of our closest friends here in the park.













Jim did his three mile walk this afternoon. He's been reading a lot, and is also studying up on how to play bridge. He's reading "Bridge for Dummies," and plans to take some lessons at a bridge club in Sebring after the first of the year. The instructor is a seasonal resident and doesn't get to town until then. I could never learn bridge, and Jim's wondering if he'll be able to learn it. It's a really complex game. He's giving it a try as a mental exercise, to keep his brain sharp. I found out that a group plays dominoes twice a week. They play Mexican Train, which I love, so I'll start that on Monday. I can't say I'm bored this year!

We went to play cards tonight. We were looking forward to an evening of smiles and joy, to take our minds off the terrible tragedy in Connecticut. Our hearts go out to the families affected by that terrible event.

4 comments:

Nancy and Bill said...

Two plus miles today!! Well, you just walked back from the jetty;o))

Jim and Sandie said...

Not a bridge player but I sure do enjoy playing cribbage. You guys are really doing great with your walking.

Chuck-Kathy said...

I love bridge, it is an ever learning process, but you sure can get addicted to it. Good luck, Jim.

Speedy said...

We are teaching Kris to play dominoes and he is getting good at making count. Chicken Foot is his favorite and he has whipped us both several times.

Summer Agenda - Changes in Schedule - Council - Pour Painting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  83  Lo  64) This is the last week before the summer agenda. The bowling has ended till August and different summer activ...