Saturday, December 8, 2012

Football and Entertainment

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 81 Lo 61 -- It was already warm in the RV when we got up so it didn't take long for us to decide to turn on the AC, the first time since we got here. It was more humid than normal, and very little breeze today.

Soon after my breakfast Kathleen was ready to walk. I went next door to get Judy and we walked to Kathleen's, then the three of us walked around the park. Chalk up another mile. They walk a lot faster then I do but they were good enough to slow down for me. I use an app called Runkeeper on my smart phone, and the past few times I've walked at a pace of 18 minutes per mile instead of the 24 that I started with when we were at Huntington Beach in October. I'm making progress.

When I got back it was nice to have a cooled down RV. I didn't go out again till this evening. Jim did his three mile walk around the park and sat outside for awhile. He was looking forward to the Army-Navy football game that started at 3:00. I crocheted, chatted and read blogs most of the day.

Tonight, as a light rain started falling, we walked over to the clubhouse for an evening of entertainment. On stage was a tribute singer named Bud Conover. He did impressions of dozens of singers from the 50's and 60's. He impersonated Frankie Valli, Dion, The Four Tops, Roy Orbison, Sammy Davis, Jr., The Drifters, Elvis (of course), and many others. Here he is with his son running the sound board behind him.











Here's Bud as Willie Nelson, singing "On the Road Again."











He even got some folks up dancing.
 

Bud was very entertaining, and it was like going down memory lane hearing all the great songs from our younger years. A very enjoyable way to spend a rainy evening.

4 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

You are definitely making progress - going from a 24 minute mile to an 18 minute. I'm hoping I can do the same sometime in the not too far future.

Nancy and Bill said...

Way to go Dee:o))
Keep up the great work, that's quite an improvement in just a few weeks!!!

Jim and Judy said...

Judy and I enjoyed tonight's enrertainment too!

owensontheroad said...

You shoulda gotten up dancing...more exercise! :)

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...