Sunday, December 9, 2012

Brunch at the Jacaranda

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 82 Lo 63 -- We went to the Jacaranda Hotel with Jim and Judy today for Sunday brunch. The Christmas decorations were gorgeous, and the meal was scrumptious. It was great sitting and getting to know Jim and Judy a little better, and hear about their plans to go full time and do some workamping this year. They’ll be leaving at the end of January for their next job.

Jim, Judy and Dee
2012-12-9 Jacaranda hotel avon park fl Jim judy dee

The hotel
2012-12-9 Jacaranda hotel avon park fl (1)

The lobby was beautifully decorated.
2012-12-9 Jacaranda hotel avon park fl (7)

2012-12-9 Jacaranda hotel avon park fl (6)

It’s a culinary school and the students assist the regular staff in preparing the food for the buffet. The price is reasonable and the food is delicious.
2012-12-9 Jacaranda hotel avon park fl (2)

We came back to the RV for awhile, then decided to go get the last Christmas gift on our list. While out we stopped at Walmart for food and my haircut. (Where else but Walmart can you shop for groceries and get a haircut at the same time?) It was crowded today, but it was the only day we’re free till Thursday. We came back to the RV to wrap the rest of the gifts and get everything ready to go to the pack n ship store this week.

The rest of the afternoon was football for Jim, and I called mom and sis.  They’re doing fine. It’s cold and rainy there in Missouri.  We still have the AC running. Love this Florida weather!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great website! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some

more. I am taking your feeds also.
Also see my webpage: umpired

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest

writing a blog post or vice-versa? My blog goes over a

lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you're interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to

hearing from you! Wonderful blog by the way!
Also see my web site > http://florencegross.blog.24heures.ch/archive/2009/11/30/pas-fiere-ce-matin.html

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...