Monday, December 3, 2012

Early Start to the Day

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 77 Lo 61 -- There's a meeting every Monday morning at the clubhouse to let everyone know what's going on for the week. I don't go, but Jim does once in awhile. He went this morning. (I think he goes for the donuts.) I made plans to go walking with Kathleen at 9, thinking that would be alright. NOT.....  I didn't sleep half the night worrying about oversleeping. I watched the clock from about 3:00 on. I did meet her on time and we walked a little more than a mile. It was warm even at that early hour. I just love this weather.

Our neighbors Jim and Judy came over this morning to visit. They played shuffleboard, which we haven't done yet. There will be a group starting at 10am in January, I'm hoping to go to that one. Jim and Judy plan to go with us to play cards tonight.

I did some reading of blogs and emails then went to get groceries. I didn't need much, and Walmart wasn't crowded so I got out in good time. Then it was Jim's turn to go out to get the proper size oil filter to finish the oil change on the generator. We have an RV store nearby so he got what he needed there.

Our youngest son started a video chat with me this afternoon. He couldn't do it for long, he was at work and was worried about getting caught. We ended up chatting for most of the rest of the afternoon. There's usually a lot of people on chat, so there's someone for me to talk to most of the time.

Our son sent this to us. It's a Powerball simulator. If you ever thought you had a chance of winning the Powerball this website will open your eyes. (Click on the link.)  http://justwebware.com/powerball/powerball.html.

And yet two people won it last week. Go figure!

1 comment:

Rod Ivers said...

Lottery, a voluntary tax I choose not to pay!!

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...