Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Catching Up On Stuff

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 69 Lo 53 -- We had a busy day getting a few little things done. I worked all day on backing up all of my photos from our 2012 travels. Every couple of months I back up my photos to an external hard drive, but today I transferred all the 2012 photos to DVD's as an extra back up. It took a total of six DVD's, which is a lot of pictures! (Since we rarely print our photos, my camera is set to take smaller file sizes.) I feel better knowing they're backed up in two different locations. Jim has his own photo collection that he keeps backed up on two external drives.

I want to remind all our readers to check the right side of the blog for the map, parks we've stayed, and highlights of our summer travels. (If you read the mobile version of our blog on a smart phone you have to be in full web view to see them.) I've noted a lot of info on the parks we've stayed, including what we thought of them and the prices. I plan to do a full 2012 recap on December 12, the anniversary of our third year as full timers.

Jim worked on some photo-related projects most of the day, and also did the laundry and got in a one-hour walk. I did my walk with Kathleen. Today was the first time I could speed up a bit, from 22 minutes per mile to 20. It's not much, but it's progress. I'm hoping to still go to the Zumba sessions, it can only get better. I also plan to use the equipment in the park's fitness room. There's plenty ways to   keep me moving.

It was another great day under the sun here in Florida. We're hoping it continues to be nice. It's getting colder up North.

6 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Good for you! keep moving.

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Have a great Holiday!

Gail Houle said...

That's awesome that you're still walking! Bet it's getting easier :) Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Happy holidays enjoy

KarenInTheWoods said...

Great reminder to do a backup. I have only done one since getting this new computer, and I better get another one done. Thanks!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Old Blog Name) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
(New Blog Name) RVing: This Country Is Our Big Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

Gypsy said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years, and you have done so much and gone so many places. I thought of you and Jim during Hurricane Sandy, and hope your families didn't have any problems. Twenty minutes per mile is 3 mph, and that is good. I used to walk 4 mph but am happy when I reach 3 now.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...