Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Early Mother’s Day with Son

(Scott AFB, IL) Hi 75 Lo 59 – Sometimes it’s worth getting up early to get something done. The commissary opens at 9:00 and I was there on time. There were only three people around and no waiting in lines. This commissary is the busiest we’ve seen in our experiences with all the bases we’ve been to. I was in and back on the road in one hour. 

The reason I had to go so early was because I had a date with Son Frank. He wanted to treat me to an early mother's day lunch. This is the first time we’ve been together around Mother’s Day in a very long time. Our lunch together was very special. Thank you so much, Frank. You're a great son! I guess I should mention where we went... CULVER’S, my favorite restaurant!

We came back to the RV and he stayed to visit awhile. While he was here we watched one of our recorded episodes of The Late Show With Craig Ferguson. It's our favorite late night TV show. Now that we introduced Frank to the show, maybe he’ll be a fan too.

When he left I went for a walk around the lake. It was perfect weather. I still haven’t walked the six mile course around the base, and won’t get to this year. I did over a mile today and took some pictures of the lake area. (click to make pictures larger).

DSCF0209DSCF0211

DSCF0214

I saw a Heron sitting on a branch.
DSCF0218

Our RV is on the left.
DSCF0217

We went to pick up the grandboys to take them to dinner and for ice cream. We went to their favorite Chinese Buffet. We loved the place; good food and lots of it. We then went to get ice cream before taking them back home.

I finally remembered to get a picture of the kids with Grandpa.
DSCF0222

We have one more day here before we leave, and it’s going to be a busy one, so see ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

Speedy said...

It is so good that you have had this time with your boys. Being able to travel has opened up the doors to seeing your family more than ever. We hope to spend more time with our boys in Kansas next year.

Leno said...

The day that I met with Penny and Trix, I looked across the street and saw a Culvers. I told Penny you would be happy when you get here !
Glad you had some one on one time with your son..

Donna W. said...

So sorry we werent able to meet this trip....well next time.
you know time flies so wont be long.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...