Monday, May 9, 2011

Back in North Carolina - Weekend is Over

(St. Louis, MO)  Hi 83 Lo 70 -- We took our time getting up and having breakfast.  There was no hurry since our flight didn't leave till 5:00pm.  We walked around the lake then visited Doris's neighbor Judy. We parked Tumbleweed in her yard for three weeks last fall.

We thought we were going to get a severe storm, but it went south of us. It did sprinkle a bit and there were high winds, but only for a few minutes.  Overall we had good weather the whole weekend.  That will help dry up some of the flooding around here.

Doris has a cat named  Buster, a great Dane named Zoey and two Akitas, Buffy and Jake, and a rescue dog named Charlie.  I got pictures of some of them.

Jake is camera shy; this dog is amazing, you bring out a camera and he's gone. I just happened to sneak one today. I guess I'm privileged.


Buster the cat 

Zoey the Great Dane, asleep on the couch

It's an hour from my sister's to the airport so we left about 2:30pm.  St. Louis airport was hit by a tornado and it took out all the windows in Terminal C on the one side. It's quite interesting hearing from the people that worked there the night it happened.  I only had time for one picture, but where the wood panels are it's supposed to be glass windows.  It looked like this thoughout the whole terminal. 


(Sorry about the pole, I took a picture from the elevator.)

We got home really late so I'm still trying to catch up.  It's so great to be back with Jim and in my own bed tonight. We had a great flight back and saw more then going out, with only a haze and no heavy clouds.  I'll get everything caught up and more pictures posted tomorrow. 

1 comment:

GGuncle said...

glad your all back safe.dom

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...