Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cleaning Up Old Programs - Football

(Wauchula, FL -- Hi 63 Low 56) -  It was supposed to be cloudy but no rain, but we had rain off and on all day. It was a great day to just stay in and do some computer clean up.  Jim helped me un-install some programs that were giving me problems, and generally clean up my whole system.  I also read all the blogs on my list that were updated within the last week.  Very few people post daily.  If I didn't do it daily I wouldn't do it at all, so no matter what we do, one of us will post everyday.

I'm still working on the e-book I'm making of all four years of our blogs.  I want it all in a consistent format, with the same font and the pictures lined up the same way.  One thing I'll do is make sure the online blog is formatted the same as the e-book starting in 2011, so it will be easier to convert it going forward.

While Jim went on his walk I got involved in a TV show about garbage.  It showed what happens to the stuff we throw out, about four pounds per household each day.  It's amazing how much trash and garbage gets recycled into the same or other products.  Other countries are doing the same thing, and USA is trying to stay one step ahead in coming up with more ways to recycle.  It was a two hour show and I learned a lot from it. 

Jim watched his Dolphins football game and was yelling at the TV from time to time.  They lost and he wasn't a happy guy, but he'll get over it. I keep telling him it's just a game. They'll play again.  (But unfortunately not in the playoffs.  Jim)

It takes awhile to clean up PC's so the day went quickly.  I also spent some time chatting online with my mom.  I'm almost ready for 2011 with new budget spreadsheets and other computer documents.  I'd like to start working more with Picasa and get the pictures from all our travels more organized.  That will be for another day in our little piece of paradise.

3 comments:

Rod Ivers said...

When your cleaning up, or uninstalling stuff from your computer, try Revo uninstaller. It is free and finds more of the stuff left behind when you run the uninstall. A suggestion that I learned here at the Valle Del Oro computer club.
Rod

Tom and Marci said...

I'd love to know how you are creating your e-book, and formatting it.

Hope you guys' weather improves.

Marci

KarenInTheWoods said...

Yes, puuulleezzzeee tell us how you are making an Ebook outta your blog posts!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...