Friday, May 28, 2010

Hair Cuts -- Geocaching -- Patio Sitting (Troy, MO)

A perfect day, no humidity and temperature was 88 degrees.  The hosts of our site mowed almost all the yard today. It takes awhile, it's nine acres.

Doris and I went for haircuts today.  I was going to wait, but mine was too long to wait  two or three weeks before I get back to O'Fallon, so I went with Sis today.

Our new do's:
 
Doris took me to the new building where she trains groups of dogs.  She also works with dogs in their own homes.  This is a training area that is in the building. They have a large area of cages to keep animals while their families go on vacations.  This is Memorial Day weekend, so they're full with several dogs on a waiting list. 

I looked up a bunch of geocaches last night in this area, so after our haircuts we went looking for them.  They are so much easier to find here than in NC.   Doris found a micro cache that's so little you could barely get the log sheet out of it. 
On the way to one of the caches we saw a Montana fifth wheel try to turn right onto a downtown street.  He cut it a little too short and almost took the road sign with him.  It scraped the side just below the awning.  He realized it and backed up then went forward over the curb.  He made it, but my heart aches for him.  I have no idea how much damage he did, we were a block away.

When we got back home, Jim had the chairs out and the patio area all in shape for sitting outside. It was really nice looking.  We haven't done that since Florida.  Doris decided to take some time to relax with Jim.
It's too nice to go inside, so Jim got the grill out for our dinner.  He grilled some chicken (for him) and brats (for me).
We were talking about how this weekend starts the REAL camping season for for the summer months.  We haven't experienced that yet.  It will be fun from here on going to the parks, setting up with lots of people and kids around.  We now enter a new phase of RV'ing.

After dinner, we went for a walk around the neighborhood.   This is living, with no care in the world!

4 comments:

Mike Mills said...

We're really enjoying your blog as we get ready ourselves. Mike and Sandy http://mills-travels.blogspot.com

~~Mike~~ said...

Sounds like a fun time! You mentioned a few places I remember from when I was little, I grew up not far from Troy and still have friends in O'Fallon.

I keep thinking one of these days I will try geocaching, but I haven't quite talked myself into it yet. Usually when I am in the mood to hunt for something, it involves my gold pan or metal detector :)

Enjoying your blog though!


-Mike & Heidi
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

Prettypics123 said...

I look forward to following your adventure. Come visit http://levonneandjohnscaliforniaodyssey.blogspot.com/

KarenInTheWoods said...

Oh you two look so comfortable in your chairs by your home!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...