Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Day on Familiar Territory

We woke up to the sound of big trucks banging around at 7:30, but it was so cold neither of us wanted to get up and there was no reason to get up.  It was in the low 40's and we didn't run any heat last night.  At 9:00 we turned on the TV and finally crawled out of bed, started the coffee and got on the computers.

We both had dates for lunch with former co-workers.  I picked up mom and went to my previous workplace to have lunch with a co-worker.  My cubicle is the same as it was when I left, I could walk right in and nothing be out of place. That made me feel at home.  The work place was in good shape thanks to the other lady that works there who's doing what I did. 

Mom and I went back to the RV after getting a few things at the grocery store then Jim came back home from lunch with his former boss and some co-workers.  We watched TV and I downloaded Picasa and worked with labeling pictures. Here's a collage I made of the people at the RV-Dreams rally.


Picasa has changed so much since I used it years ago.  It was fun to do all the pictures.

I noticed the little Killdeer bird wasn't outside when I got home.  I checked the area and there was nothing around.  No birds, no eggs.  There were four eggs and they were all ok when I left, but everything is gone.  I'm really feeling bad about it, but it wasn't because of people. I'm not sure what would eat the eggs and shells, but there's no animals here.  It's something I'll probably never find out what happened.

We went to a nice dinner with several friends, then we took mom home and started packing for an early morning departure.  The dealer is next!

4 comments:

Gin and Syl said...

We are going by the fairgrounds Thursday afternoon to a doctors appointment. Sorry we'll miss you as you are moving on. We enjoyed meeting you guys at the rally. There was also a kildeer nest near the lake there. Linda said that when they hatch, they hit the ground running so I think the empty egg shells just blow away. Hope to see you down the road.
Syl & Gin

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Sounds like you're having a great time!

Gail Houle said...

Great collage Dee! Now I wish I had taken the class :) Guess I'll have to do that next time.

Karen and Al said...

Maybe someone moved the whole nest to a a safer place? If something like a snake had gotten to it, the next would have still been there.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...