Monday, March 15, 2010

Air Horn Wake Up - It Can't Get any Better

We had the furnace set to the usual 70, it came on several times during the night, so I know it was colder out than it has been lately, but we were quite comfortable from what it has been for the past few months. We're NOT using propane, it's finally the heat pump that's turning on.

This morning I woke up with an air horn from a MH somewhere real close. It was 9:00, so it was ok to get up that early. We had a lot to accomplish today. I hope that's not a daily wake up call.

Our Leak: With the help of a couple chatters, we think we know what's up with the leak underneath the rig. Jim emptied the black water tank and did the spray cleaning. There must be something wrong with the fitting because nothing has leaked since we left Georgia. Jim won't do any cleaning with the sprayer till we the dealer checks it in the middle of April. Thank you for the suggestions Charlie and Karen.

Jim worked all morning to get us registered with Florida. There's a lot of hoops we have to jump through like:

One: we have to get the police to verify the vin numbers on all three vehicles.

Two: We had to change our insurance from NC to FL for both cars and the rig. That took some waiting on the phone and a lot of paperwork back and forth with emails.

Third: We had to find papers and get the mail service to send our mail with our new address.

In the meantime, I answered emails, read a couple blogs, got the expenses listed and listened to what was going on. I catch mom online when I can and chatted with her this morning.

After lunch, we headed to Walmart for groceries and found a store that had Crocs. I also got a pair of sandals so I'm set for the summer months. I need to find the box with the summer clothes. I hung up my heavy winter coat to get it out of the way. If it's really cold in April when we head north, I'll get it back out again.

We found a nice outdoor carpet for under the awning now we're set for sitting outside. It's still really windy today and people are still indoors. We've seen a few walking around but not much action this afternoon. We did have another MH come in beside us, but several left. I love all the commotion around us all the time.

Jim grilled some pork steaks on the grill and we walked the park area. We did get a call from the RV teacher. We'll be starting our class Thursday morning at 9:00, same with Friday. We're both looking forward to it. We may get a discount on the insurance with the RV School certificate.

So far so good. Anyone wanting to go full time, I suggest it highly. It's sure a laid back way of living.

Congratulations to Rick and Gail, they sold their house and going full time. They will be at the RV-Dreams rally in April.

7 comments:

Kim hadley said...

hi.... i was surfing around online today looking for blogs about people living and traveling around in RV's. I came across yours.

I am working at putting a resource site up for RVing and would love to repost some of your blog there if that's ok with you. I'd also like to add a link to your blog from it.

The site is www.rvingcentral.com. I'm trying to build up stories, resources all with the aim to provide people inspiration so they take the plunge and live the dream!

If you feel you'd like to participate, you can email me at info@rvingcentral.com, or just reply to the comment and i should get that.

Thanks!

Joanne C said...

Love your blog!!

Gail and Rick said...

Thanks Dee! Can hardly wait to join you and Jim.

Brent and Julie said...

What mail service are you using in Florida. I am checking them out to see what is avaialbe and the cost.

Tumbleweed Dee said...

MYRVMAIL.com
So far it's been great! It's in Crestview, FL

Jessica said...

Hi Jim and Dee,

I just found your blog this morning after seeing it in your signature line on RV-Dreamers. I have read almost the whole thing in one sitting! LOL We are (hopefully) future full-timers so to read about your journey from its beginning stages is so cool. I can almost imagine what our life will be like!! (and I'm learning a lot too) :) Thanks for sharing your adventures. :)

KarenInTheWoods said...

Glad you are south and WARM! Can't wait to see a pic of the two of you, sitting out under your awning, enjoying the warmth and sun. GO RETIREMENT!!!

Karen and Steve
(Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...