Monday, June 2, 2008

Hot- Nothing Went Right

It was a great hot day, the humidity didn't hit till later in the day. It was high 84 degrees and nice blue skies. The only way it would have been more perfect is if I wasn't working and on the road beside a mountain range.

I worked from 8-1 and everything I touched I had to do over. I don't have those days often, thank goodness. My boss is real nervous about me being gone for two Fridays. It will be interesting to see what happens. I do all the timesheets and payroll. She did tell me I don't have to be at work till 1:00 the next day that we get back. That will help quite a bit. At least I won't have to get up early.

At 1:00 I picked up mom, went home to change clothes, ate something and off we went. I had to go to the bank for trip money, she wanted her hair cut, pick up her meds and of course groceries. I didn't want to get any groceries, anything would go bad in 14 days. I have to use everything possible before we leave on Friday morning.

Mom is doing great now that she has the right meds. That makes me more comfortable in leaving for so long.

I'm now getting nervous about the trip. I'm meeting with people that I've been chatting with for a year. I'm also excited about seeing the kids. We called our son this weekend and he does have DSL, so I'm not getting the air card. My sister has DSL and they have WIFI at the campground. I will be posting daily and will take a ton of pictures of family and the rally. I'll put on the best of the pictures of the group.

We got all our monthly magazines in today, so Jim will have reading to do on the trip. I found some game CD's so I will have something to do too. I get really sick if I try reading while riding in a car, Jim doesn't.

Days to buy the RV/Truck 2 yrs 11 mths 12 days

No comments:

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...