Saturday, May 31, 2008

Shuttle-Last Minute Pick Up Stuff

We both couldn't sleep after 9:00 so got up to start the day. It was sunny and hot, with lots of humidity. Temp reached 90 just like predicted. Severe storms with tornado watch till 9:00pm tonight, already have severe storms north west of us.

We went to lunch with some friends then picked up a pallet for the truck in case it rains for the trip. We'll put the treadmill on that for better protection. We have the tarp and all the piles that goes to different places in the bedroom all ready to transfer to the truck. I still need to get some blouses, but will do that Monday. I also bought a GPS earthmate for Street Atlas. I tried it out and it works fine. I will now have a way to play games and watch the GPS while on the road for 13 hours that first day. I'm still thinking of getting the Verizon aircard but have to think about it. It's an extra cost of $30 a month. I'm not sure if I can drop it when I get back. If I have time I'll check on it Monday or Tues. It may be worth it, just not sure.

At 5:00est the shuttle went up with a new toilet and a whole room module for the space station. I still get excited watching each shuttle go up. It brings back so many memories for when I worked with the group at NASA on the Challenger in Fla. I wish I could have stayed longer. The rest of the afternoon was the usual working the online Jigzsaw puzzles and blogs. I also kept getting up as things would come to mind that I should pack or take with us. I was going to do my walk but ended up watching the race and didn't get out in the humid hot air today. I'll have to make up for it tomorrow, if it's not raining.

Days left to buy the RV/Truck 2 yrs 11 mths 14 days

No comments:

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...