Friday, March 14, 2008

Perry, Ga Day 1

I couldn’t sleep at all, maybe I got 2 hours not sure. I woke up at 4:30 but rolled and tossed till 5:30 then we got up. I got a nice breakfast and we were on the road by 7:00. I saw the sunrise for the first time in years. It was bright red, which means bad weather. They’ve been predicting severe weather in our area all week for tomorrow. I like sunsets a whole lot better. I usually sleep well in a vehicle when traveling, but the roads were so bumpy that it wasn’t possible. We did 2 ½ hour driving shifts and the whole day went really fast. XM radio is great for trips we found that out a long time ago. The truck gets 20mpg while Jim is driving and I get about 17mpg. I have a heavy foot. The Lexus was a lot better in both smoothness and gas mileage. That’s a thing of the past.

GPS- I have the new Nuvi which did a great job on the way here, didn’t lead us astray at anytime. I have the Etrex GPS for geocaching that I was trying to connect to the computer but for some reason they never found each other. The search was active on both the puter and GPS but never did a full connect. I know it’s something simple, I’ve done it before.

We went to Robins AFB for the night and visited the FAMCAMP (Family camping area) which is awesome. It has a lake, full hookups, 20-30-50 amp hookups. There’s 3 pull-thru sites. There’s cement slabs to put on the rig on. The whole area is very nice.

Days left to buy the RV/truck 3 yrs 2 mths 1 day

No comments:

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...