Saturday, July 8, 2023

July 4th Celebration - Workout

 Shalimar, FL (Hi 92  Lo 72)

It's summer and the ladies here stay inside because of the heat and humidity. It's not bothering me like it did in Auburndale, there's more breeze from the Gulf. 

Monday, I visited with Joanne for a couple hours. She's the RVer we met while on the road. She's in another part of the community and we don't get together very often. It's great to talk about our travels and what's going on in her village. We have four villages and each has their own activities. We also have get togethers with all the villages. I'm back to crocheting for an order I need to get done, then I'll start all the Christmas "critters" for the craft sale in October. 

I'll be making six of the bigger cardinals. The little one will be on my wreath. (Click on the photos to enlarge). 

Tuesday, We celebrated the 4th with a big BBQ. We had two grills going and Jay and Chuck were the cooks and did a wonderful job. We had lots of food left over but a good turn out of 45 out of 52 that signed up. It was cooler at 4:00, but we also had several inside in the lounge keeping cool












At the end of the day, it started to get warm in the lounge and found out later the AC broke. Another gal lost a motor in her AC. The maintenance team was called and it was fixed in a couple hours. I love this place. 

We stayed in the patio area till after 9:30 and the fireworks were still going off. We could see a few high ones thru the trees, but one of the ladies bought sparklers which brought back memories of our youngster days. We had light up head gear too.  
                                                        Even Sally celebrated with a little hat. 




Wednesday, everything is back to normal. Another lady wanted to get back to the gym so we both started working out this afternoon. There's a lot of machines we can pick from and I like the ones with TV's that show a race, makes me work harder. I'm hoping to go over a few times a week. I need to work on strength in my arms, even a gallon of milk is too heavy. 
For dinner a group of us went back to the lounge and had the left overs from the party. It's a great time to chat and eat together instead of alone in our apartments. 

Thursday, I went to activities meeting. There were only five of us. It's a time when there's usually a big group discussing the activities that we'd like to do in the month. We decide the bus trips to restaurants or to shopping areas.  It's too hot for walking outside in the strip malls so no one came up with a shopping trip, yet. It was mentioned to go to Alabama to a mall so that may come this month or in August. 

I had the indoor shuffleboard at 1:00 and we had five of us. People can come and go as they like and some want to learn it. The downside, it's right after lunch and a lot of the gals take a nap after they eat.  At 5:30 I went to play cards. There's a couple gals that want to play canasta, that may be my next card playing time. 

Friday, Another meeting was scheduled on dementia given by the hospice that's in town. It's the second time it was a no show. They did the same thing last month. It might be three strikes your out if they do that again next month. I had the dart group at 1:00 and there were four of us. I love the competition with one of the guys. I had the zoom with the North Carolina in the evening, so glad we still meet every week. I went out later to sit with one of the gals and her daughter that came for a visit. There's usually something I can get into or meet up with when I want to visit.  I'm starting Saturday out with some fun so stay tuned for next weeks blog. 

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

UMMMM.... Strange. A program on dementia and the presenters forget to show up.

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...