Saturday, January 2, 2021

Star Wars - New Year 2021

 Auburndale, FL (Hi  82  Lo 66)

The one thing we're doing is binge watching all the Star Wars movies. I saw most of them but not all so it's basically all new to me because I remember nothing about them. It's been a time thing and still have a lot of enjoyment.

The weather has been perfect and even warmer then normal this week. We took down the Christmas decorations which was just as hot as it was putting them up. The house is now bare but I did leave some lights up in the ceiling in the kitchen to keep it nice and cheery. We threw out a bunch of stuff that was falling apart and re-arranged the utility (again) to make more room. It looks great and we can find things quicker when needed. 

Tuesday I had my monthly massage and chiropractor appointment. It's in Lakeland the past couple times instead of Auburndale. I decided to make some stops on the way home. First was Michaels to pick up left over Christmas decorations, but they had already put most of it away. The little stuff wasn't interesting. I did get a couple things for the village set and some thread but not a lot. They were rearranging the store so some of the shelves were bare. I always stop next door at the Bulk store for candy and baking needs. Then on to UPS to send out a Christmas gift I forgot to send. There was a big backup just like at the post office so it was a few minutes wait. I love the way they do  returns to Amazon, they just click on the email and wrap it and send and the refund shows up the next day. It seems every few days I stop for groceries of some sort, then went on home. That was a busy day. 

The rest of the week I've been crocheting. I made this manatee for someone. 

Jim gave me this owl for Christmas made with wood pieces. It took a couple hours to put it together, but it's two puzzles in one. The back has all kinds of little animals and plants. I was thinking of putting it in a double frame, but no place to put it so I took it apart for another time to see if I can beat my time. 
(Click on the photos to enlarge)
The picture standing is the top of the box it came in. 
Lots more activity in the canal. Both alligators have been here this week. There's a family of seven baby ducks and they went right past the alligator (in the water) and neither alligator moved. I guess the alligators just weren't hungry. 

NEW YEARS EVE in New York sure was different without people in the streets. World wide was quiet without the normal celebration. We had fireworks for hours around the lake. They started about 9:00 and continued till 12:30. It was more like July 4. It's good to see 2020 leave. 

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I like Amazons return system too. I only had to use it once. I ordered a hand vacuum. When it came I noticed the original box it came in was taped shut. I opened the box and dust fell out. I picked up the vacuum to find the bag was full. What the heck?

Have a great new year.

owensontheroad said...

We also watched all the Star Wars movies, in chronological order. Loved them all, and also watched the Mandolorian. Took me a few episodes to get like it, but can't wait for the next season now.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...