Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 68 Lo 43 -- We wish all our friends and family a Happy Thanksgiving! We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this morning, and then a little football before heading over to the club house for dinner. The park provided the turkeys and everyone brought side dishes. The place was packed, and the food was great. (Click on pictures to enlarge)

2014-11-27 Thanksgiving dinner (2)

Desserts
2014-11-27 Thanksgiving dinner (4)

A long food line
2014-11-27 Thanksgiving dinner (5)

2014-11-27 Thanksgiving dinner (6)

After coming home and resting up from all that food, we went back over to play cards this evening.

Yesterday I went to my doctor appointment to get the results of my knee X-rays and MRI. It turns out I have a torn and shredded meniscus in my left knee, along with arthritis. My options were to have arthroscopic surgery to repair the meniscus, replace the knee, or try a cortizone shot. Repairing the meniscus wouldn't relieve all the pain because I would still have the arthritis. And the doctor thinks it's a little early yet to get a knee replacement. So I got the cortisone shot, and so far it's working pretty good.  I can even get up the RV steps to the bedroom without pain. We'll see how long it lasts, but it's only a matter of time before I'll have to have the knee replaced. :(

We have more doctor appointments coming up. That's one of the advantages of staying put for a few months, to get all our medical stuff done.

See you in a couple or three days.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...