Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Vest is Complete – 15-Minute Intervals

(Avon Park, FL)  Hi 79 Lo 51 -- I had a lot of 15-minute intervals today. I played shuffleboard this morning and had a surprise. One of the new players this morning just got to the park and he’s a real pro, so he gave me some pointers on strategy. You can learn a lot by playing with the best.

I came back to the RV and we had 15 minutes to freshen up, gather up our dinnerware, and go to the clubhouse for the monthly salad luncheon. There were quite a few people there, which means we had a wonderful selection of salads. I can’t believe all the different ideas for salads (including some with meat for the meat eaters).

After lunch we had 15 minutes again to take our plates back to the RV, get our study guide and come back to the clubhouse for Bible study. We have a great group at Bible study and we have some very interesting discussions.

Another 15 minutes back at the RV to change shoes, get some water, and head out for our walk. Jim went with me today and we did about a mile and a half together. He then went by himself for another mile and a half or so. It was partly cloudy and very nice, in the high 70’s. I’m using a slower pace and walking longer, which seems to be working a lot better on my joints.

After the walk I wasn’t sure if I wanted to wash and wax the car or finish the vest that I’ve been working on for two months. I decided to work on the vest, and I’m glad to report that it's DONE!

IMG_0360IMG_0358
IMG_0361

I’m very happy with the outcome. I plan to wear it with some of my nicer tops. (It's really pretty, and I'm very proud of her for the job she did on it. - Jim)

While I’m on the subject of crocheting, here's an afghan that one of the Happy Hookers made with the cro-hook. The darker side is one side and the lighter is the other side, so it's reversible. It’s really pretty.

IMG_0859IMG_0858

My next crocheting project is to make an afghan for Project Linus. I have to have it done by March 30. I'm keeping busy, and I love it!

9 comments:

Bill and Nancy said...

Great job on the vest...it looks fabulous!! Keep up that walking:o))

Mike and Terri said...

Great job on the vest Dee!!

GGuncle said...

nice job on the vest.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Very pretty vest. Congrats on getting it finished.

Gypsy said...

I love the vest - great job! You are certainly staying busy and on the go, as well as energized. You go, girl!

Speedy said...

Hey girl it looks real good. You did an outstanding job. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Joe and Nancy Conrad said...

The vest looks fabulous good job.

Betty Graffis said...

Wow! That vest looks great! Especially over the black shirt.

owensontheroad said...

That vest is fabulous! Nice job!

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...