Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Windy, Salty Air - Massage

(Mayport Naval Station, Jacksonville, FL) Hi 63 Lo 57 --  It was windy all night and we shook a bit, but not like we do in bad thunderstorms. Just enough to know you're not on stable ground. One of those little annoying things you deal with in an RV. When I got up it looked like it was foggy out, but then I saw that it was just heavy salt on the windows. We can barely see the river through our windows. The waves are very high going over the jetty.










The tide is extremely high too.
 

We bought a Living Social coupon for lunch at a local diner located just outside the base, so today we took advantage of it. It wasn't anything great, but my wrap was good and Jim says his hamburger was too.

I also bought a Living Social coupon for a massage that I scheduled for today, so after lunch we headed to Jacksonville. I was hoping to find a good massage therapist in this area since we're here so often. The lady I had today was really good, and she got rid of my headache from a tight neck muscle. Now I have someone to go to when we're here. I have a collection of business cards from massage therapists that I've liked in different parts of the country.

We stopped at a Walmart on the way home to refill one of Jim's prescriptions, and of course we picked up a few other items. We leave in the morning for our winter destination in Avon Park. It will be good to settle down awhile in some warm weather. Once we get settled in we'll wash all the salt off the RV.

1 comment:

John and Carol said...

A great massage can sure heal a lir of aches and pains. How great to find a good deal too.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...