Thursday, November 29, 2012

Craft Day

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 75 Lo 51 -- Kathleen came over this morning for a visit. We've been going different directions and haven't seen her or Jon in a few days. We caught up on what we'll do the rest of the week.

Today is craft day at the clubhouse. I signed up to make a Christmas ornament. I've seen them in catalogs and always wanted to know how to do them. I used to do a lot of beading, but as part of our downsizing I sold them.

The silver ball is what you start with, and the ornament is what it's supposed to end up looking like.









This lady is working away on hers, while I had my thread all tangled up. I had to have help getting the thread into the tiny needle. I couldn't see the hole.









There were 10 of us at the class.









I finally gave up. My eyesight just isn't good enough anymore to see the tiny holes and get the thread through them. I know when I'm whipped. It's ok, there's another class next week which hopefully will be easier.

We went to the clubhouse for cards tonight. More great laughs.

4 comments:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Kathy occassionally borrows my reading glasses for those close-up jobs. For very intricate work I have a pair of Dollar Store magnifyer glasses. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

GGuncle said...

sometimes at the dollar store or even harbor freight , they have a needle threader. maybe you should check them out. dom...

Jim and Judy said...

How does that Toby Keith song go, "I aint as Good as I Once Was". I know it is true. Hope to arrive today or tomorrow.

Dan and Tricia said...

Man that looks like fun! Hope your 2nd attempt goes better!

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...