Sunday, November 27, 2011

Having Friends Over

(Ft. Lauderdale, FL)  Hi 78 Lo 72 -- Karel and Jim, the couple we spent Thanksgiving with, were coming over for a cookout lunch today, so we spruced up around our front "porch," put out our awning, and set up our chairs. We seem to always park our rig so that the afternoon sun shines right on our door side. And today turned out to be breezy but hot, so we ate lunch inside in the air conditioning. (Sorry northern friends, I know you don't have much sympathy for us.) When we get to our winter site in Avon Park we're thinking of getting one of those shades that come down from the end of the awning to the ground. I'm tired of putting out our awning and not seeing any shade under it.

Karel and Jim got here a little after 12:00. Jim grilled some burgers and brats and I prepared the sides. After lunch the guys watched a football game while Karel and I got on Facebook. She lost some of her Facebook info and wanted to know how to get it back. We both learned some new things on Facebook, then just talked.

Karel and Jim












It was a great afternoon. Thanks for coming over guys!.

4 comments:

Gail Houle said...

I, too, am tired of no shade with the big awning out!!! Will be anxious to here if you do it and how you like it.

Jim and Sandie said...

We don't get much afternoon sun and I wish we could get more. So I very seldom have Jim put out the awning. Glad you got the FB thing all figured out.

Elaine said...

:) super day for you..great weather..wow...we have the sun shade but haven't had the opportunity to use it as of yet...heres hoping we'll be using it soon....

squawmama said...

Our door side is shaded completely... Sounds like you had a great day with friends.
Have fun & Travel safe
Donna

Visitor - Residential Counsel - Grandson Graduation

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  76   Lo  69) Monday I went to my first class for yoga. I didn't realize it's all from youtube. I thought someon...