Saturday, May 28, 2011

Heavy Traffic - Racing

(Richmond, VA) Hi 86 Lo 67 – It was cloudy and looked like rain but I still had hope of going to the pool today.
IMG_0985

Nope, it wasn’t to be. The pool opened on the 27th and so far I haven’t been able to get there because of rain. I did notice others have gone in. I like the sun to be out, makes it worthwhile.

There was lots of traffic today on I95. This is looking out our back window in the rain. It’s bumper to bumper, STOPPED traffic in the southbound lanes. There’s also a frontage road right beside us with a lot of truck traffic for the surrounding businesses around us. Our double-pane windows keep MOST of the noise, but we can still hear it. We've gotten used to it though.
IMG_0991

Lots of people arrived in the park today for the holiday weekend. It will be interesting to see how full it is tomorrow.

We watched some of the NASCAR Nationwide race this afternoon, then Mike picked us up to go the the Saturday night stock car races at a local dirt track. We just got back and it's very late so I’ll tell you more about that in tomorrow's blog.

No comments:

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...