Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Software Program - Puzzles

(Wauchula, FL) -- Hi 78  Lo 61 - I feel for all those north of us, even as far south as Atlanta with snow and ice. We're doing fine here.  We're going to have lows in the 30's and highs in the 50's for the next couple of days, which is cold for this area.  But then it will be back to the 60's and 70's.  Our son told us Florida is the only state without snow on the ground.
I read the blogs that I didn't get to read yesterday when I had internet problems.  My PC is working fine today, so not real sure why the problems, especially since Jim's worked fine.  At least the problem cleared up in time for me to chat last night.  Oh well, computers can be mysterious sometimes.

We learned about a neat website from a tech podcast that Jim listens to on his iPod.  It's called Mint.  It's a free site that brings all your financial accounts together online, automatically categorizes your transactions, lets you set budgets & generally keep track of your finances.  It's sort of like Quicken, but much more user friendly and less labor-intensive.  When you sign up for an account, you tie it in to all of your online banking and investments organizations, and pulls your financial information and keeps running totals for you.  We did a lot of research on the site and we feel safe using it.  They use some really extreme security measures to keep your information safe.  I signed up for it today and so far, I'm pretty impressed.  At first I was getting a lot of email notifications, but it's easy to go into the settings and set up just the notifications you want.  Jim really likes how it tracks our retirement (401k) accounts.  It gives you all kinds of ways to track your spending and savings, with pie charts, graphs, etc.  It gets very good reviews, but if you want more detail about their security, here's a good article from the NY Times here.  Something you may want to take a look at.

In the afternoon I went to a class at the clubhouse to relearn how to braid T-shirts.  I learned T-shirt braiding when we were at the RV-Dreams rallies in 2008 and 2010, but I've forgotten some of the steps. Gail taught the group and I took notes and a small video. I'll post the video in tomorrow's blog.  I also noticed there's now a puzzle out for us to do.  There's several people who like to work on puzzles so I'll go over and work on it once in awhile.  I can get very addicted to puzzles, it's something that passes the time and keeps the dexterity in your fingers.

Two more RV's came in today.  I had planned to go grocery shopping, but the day got past me so I've postponed that till tomorrow, along with getting the RV ready to move to the Tampa area on Thursday.  It was a beautiful day in our little part paradise.

6 comments:

Carol & Johnny said...

Mint was recommended to us by an investment advisor almost a year ago. We signed up, but have failed to do much more than that. It seems like a really cool tool that we need to actually start using!

Gypsy said...

When I retired, I also retired from thinking about finances. I have a certain amount to spend each month, and when it's gone it's gone. I don't care how or where it went - I can't spend it again. I'm perfectly happy with my new financial system!

Kathy said...

Please let me know where you stay in Tampa since we'll be visiting my daughter there but camping for the first time. Anxious to see where you stay.
T-Shirt braiding? That's a new one for me. Looking forward to the video.
Blessings, Kathy
http://seashellsandoveralls.blogspot.com

Ivey said...

Enjoy your days in paradise. I can't wait for my turn.

Anonymous said...

Dee, if Florida is the only state without snow, I'm sure a great many of us folk up north would gladly share our snow with you Floridians... we are having a bumper crop of the stuff tonight. We love to share with our RV family. Where shall I send it? smiles. Lessie (Tardis)

KarenInTheWoods said...

We got all the snow you would ever want--- come and get it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...