Wednesday, January 12, 2011

T-Shirt Braiding-- Hooked Up Ready to Roll in the Morning - Tango

(Wauchula, FL) -- Hi 59 Lo 40 - It's cold again, but it's not bad if you stay in the sun and out of the wind.  This cold snap isn't going to last long, just a couple of days.

I finally have everything put together on how to braid a t-shirt.  It's hard to describe, so I put pictures and video to show it better. This is what it will look like along the bottom of a t-shirt.


First take a T-shirt and lay it flat, turn the hem up 2 inches and pin it. This one has a black hem so you can see it.


Then place pins every 1 inch all around


 Then cut at each pin just to the hem, but DON'T cut into the hem.

After making the cuts, start at the side under the sleeve area.  Take one of the loops and put it under the previous loop, then keep going.  The video shows it better than I can describe it. 


When you get back to the starting point, pull the final loop to the first loop and stitch it. 

I hope this explains it. The sleeves can also be done. Just put pins in the hem to one inch and use one half inch for the marks to cut.
________________________________________________________________

Today I got groceries and Jim did the laundry.  The rest of the day was spent getting ready for our move tomorrow to Tampa.  I stowed and re-arranged everything in the cabinets so they wouldn't fly out during the trip.  When you sit very long in one place the rig tends to get more of that "lived in" look, with things all over the place.  So the longer it's been since you've moved, the longer it takes to get ready.  I've learned the first thing to get that way is the refrigerator. The next is the cabinets that hold the food.  But if we need to move fast, I still feel I can have us packed and ready in 10 to 15 minutes.

Jim dumped and flushed the tanks and stowed the sewer and water hoses.  It's going to be in the 20's in the morning, so it's just as well that we unhook the water.  He also hitched up to the truck.  So it will be a fast get away in the morning.

Our son told us about a smartphone app called Tango.  It's a way to make video calls.  It works best if you have a second, front-facing camera on your phone, but it works ok on a regular phone.  You just turn the phone around.  The audio is heard on the speaker phone.  We tried it and have a couple of little problems to work out, but we'll get it. What a wonderful way to stay in touch and send video no matter where we are, and another way to be with the grandkids.  Another reason I love my Droid!

It's going to be fun the next few days, so come along with us.

7 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

I think I understand the t-shirt braiding now. I watched a couple of videos on You Tube. They were braiding other parts of the shirt but basically the same. We'll see what happens when I try it!

Kathy said...

Well I'm gonna have to try that braiding! Great how-to!
I'm so jealous that you're going to Tampa tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy the RV show.

Kathy
http://seashellsandoveralls.blogspot.com

JB said...

You'll have to stand in front of a mirror to see what the other guy is doing.

Gail Houle said...

Great refresher on the braiding. I hadn't done it since the rally last year. Thanks!

Along the Way with JnK said...

Great braiding. Will try to do it on our shirt...no telling how it will turn out.

Barb said...

I could have used your video last night when I hemmed a tee-shirt! I'll bet braiding would shorten it a bit? I'm going to try it, I really like the way it looks. Thanks! :)

KarenInTheWoods said...

You explained your braiding very well.. have FUN at the RV show, but don't go buying another rig, ya hear!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

New Month - Entertainment - Puzzle

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 80   Lo  72)  Rain most of the day A new month has started, getting closer to the cruise in November and then it's Ch...