Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally Sunny - Droid X

(York, PA) - It was windy but sunny today, so things are drying out from all the rain the last couple of days.  After our morning routine we headed to the Verizon store for my tutorial on the Droid X.  There were suppose to be a few people but we were the only ones that showed up. We had questions prepared so it went great.  The Droid X is amazing.  It's a computer, GPS, and phone all in one.  There's tons of  applications you can download from the Droid Market, most of them free.  One that the Verizon guy said was good is the "find your car."   Those that know me know that I can get lost in a mall parking lot, so that's going to be very handy.  Another neat app I downloaded is a bar code reader.  In a store I can point the phone camera at the bar code on an item and it will give me a list of other merchants selling the same item, and all the prices.  Those are just two examples.  We  learned so much, and now to retain and remember things we learned when we want them. 

After a stop for lunch we went to Walmart for some groceries.  Jim got the truck ready and checked all the tires, and I cleaned up the car for our move tomorrow.  We're going to the Richmond, VA area.  Jim wanted to just leave and try our luck in finding a campground, but  with all the rain on the East Coast he called a campground close to Richmond, R&D Family Campground, to make sure they didn't have any flooding problems.

So tomorrow it's back on the road.  We had a nice time playing tourist in this area.  In a few more days we'll be back home to family and friends.

9 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

That Droid sounds perfect for you! Hope you enjoy it.

Travel safe tomorrow!

Karen and Al said...

Keep learning about the Droid and share your tips. Mine should be here Monday. Have a safe trip.

Gypsy said...

I hope you don't run into flooded roads or heave rains. Be careful!

rick said...

I told you about the bar code reader. Thats the same one as the qr code we played with.

Barb said...

Thanks for the reminder about the "find your car" and bar code reader apps, I had forgotten about those. I downloaded some free games, my favorites are three that show you two different pictures, and you have to find the differences (5) with a time limit. Good time wasters when you have a few minutes to kill. Have fun with your phone!
Barbara

Happytrails said...

Our son works for Verizon so....naturally he has the Droid X. He LOVES it!! He showed me the application for the bar code thing and believe me that really comes in handy. One day (when our upgrade time rolls around) we hope to get one. Let us know how you like yours.

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

John and Carol said...

Oh happy day! I did not know about the "find your car" app. I will certainly add that one to my Droid. Thanks so much!

Margie and Roger said...

I have an iPhone so I don't know if apps for the Droid have the same name or not, but some of my favorites are Around Me, CardStar, iAmerica, TV Guide, Walmart, Passport America, Campground, Roadside, and my very favorite Grocery IQ - no more paper lists for the grocery store items. Have fun with the Droid.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Your new toy sounds like a lot of fun! I think I am getting my daughter's hand me down Iphone next month when she gets her new one. I will have to learn so much too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...