Tuesday, May 18, 2010

RV@Sea Cruise -- Alarm - Moving Our Son (O'Fallon, IL)

RV At Sea
On November 6, we will be going on a cruise out of Miami.  It's a seven-day eastern Caribbean cruise that includes nine seminars on RVing during the three days at sea.  I thought I'd mention it again in case people are getting their plans made up for winter.  This cruise is on the new ship Norwegian Epic.  It sounds like a lot of fun and will have lots of information on RV'ing.  I'll keep mentioning it through the coming months as reminders. 


I just have to mention something funny.  The past five nights I've had my watch alarm go off at 2:35am.  I keep trying to disable it while half asleep, but once it stops beeping I just fall back to sleep.  It did it again last night so I decided to try to get it off once and for all.  In all the commotion I woke up Jim.  I worked with it for several minutes with just the light from the watch.  It kept beeping with everything I tried to do.  It took me a while to get back to sleep, but when I got up I finally got it turned off. I don't even know what I did to set it, but it doesn't take as much to set it as it does to get it off. 


We finally got some sun.  We did a walk around the area and fed the fish. It was so great to get some sun and fresh air.   We found ducks and babies, then an egret, nesting with the male egret standing nearby.

We went to Frank's to move some of his furniture to his new home. We only took over a couple of loads.  Jim took out the hitch so we could use the whole truck bed and Frank also used his truck.  They have three weeks so they're moving a little at a time. 







I also took a few pictures of the golf course here on base. 



There's a flag in the above picture. It looks like a really nice course and there's usually someone on it. I haven't heard any reports yet. We don't play, so can't say for sure what it's like. 


Jim brought home some KFC chicken for dinner.  We settled in for our normal evening routine.  No rain today or tomorrow.  We have a big day planned for tomorrow.  More on that in tomorrow's blog.



5 comments:

Speedy said...

Are you talking about the alarm in the bedroom? The one built in to the CD player.

Tumbleweed Dee said...

No it's the alarm on my WATCH. I finally got it.

K and D in the RV said...

Ha! All the time our boys were growing up, I had a digital watch with an alarm - the boys were the only ones who could figure it out to re-set it and change the alarm. When they left home, I was so frustrated that I got a new watch - the old fashioned kind! It's great and it doesn't beep at me. The boys just shake their heads.....- Kim

Merikay said...

Hi, I haven't left a comment for awhile, just thought I'd let you know I am reading your blog and enjoy your perspective.

Anonymous said...

I have a watch like that. I accidently set the alarm and cannot figure out how to turn it off. To make this worse, I am hard of hearing so I don't hear it but when I have company, they are going all over the house trying to figure out what is beeping. Then they ask me and I say it must be 6:09.

Glad to know the alarm can be turned off.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...