Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting Care at NextCare

I very seldom talk about health on the blog, but today was so interesting and it does have something to do with RV'ing.

When I was moving stuff in the RV a couple weeks ago, I bumped my head, hard. I guess I cut it and didn't realize it, but that bump is still there along with two others that are more recent. Now to tell what happened today.

Yesterday the bump was just sore, but it started hurting more as the day went along and my glands started swelling. It was very painful by night fall and I didn't sleep at all because it would throb then send pain the whole length of my neck to the top of the temple where the bump is located. I decided to call the doctor first thing. He's on vacation so Jim got another doctors office that takes our insurance. I had to call for an authorization number which I did and headed to the office.

When I got there they had already received the fax for the authorized number needed and all the info to start the procedure to see me. There were four people ahead of me. I filled out all the info they needed on why I was there on the computer then waited.

While waiting they gave the option to get a allergy testing. They had six sets of little needles that they pressed on both of my arms and then I waited for 15 minutes for the results. One of them was very itchy, come to find out I'm highly allergic to cats which I already knew.

The assistants carry around a little laptop and everything you filled out on the computer is on it. Then the doctor came in and had another little laptop with her diagnoses. The first thing she wanted to check is the newest virus of MRSA. It's very dangerous and she checked the few bumps for any sign of it. She decided it's just an infection that has spread in the glands and down the neck. So I'm on meds for infection and one for pain.

I rarely take any kind of meds so when I do they knock me out for hours. If I don't show up in chat tonight, I'm asleep. The med for infection has to be taken every six hours. I just hope I quit hurting after the 48 hours and nothing more will show up later.

Sorry for the med stuff today, but it's so neat to see all the improvements in the NextCare offices. It's been a very long time since I've been in one.

Tonight it's suppose to be back to lower 20's so we'll pull the hose and again go back on the pump. It's very windy, but I don't hear it and I don't feel any rocking. We're still figuring out the heating, but doing a lot better then we were two weeks ago.

Days left to leave for Texas 46


Sandra said...

Sure hope you feel better soon!

KarenInTheWoods and Steveio said...

Ouchie Ouchie! Were you jumping on your bed? My mom used to sing us a rhyme about: Two little monkeys, jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his head. Took him to the doctor, doctor said: "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR JUMPING ON THE BED!"

Happytrails said...

Hope the meds work and you are feeling super by tomorrow!! Just take it easy for a day or two.

Thinking about you.

Gypsy said...

My experience in RV living is that I am always bumping my head! I bump it on the overheads and outside on the bedroom slideout. At any given time I can touch my head and it is sore. Be careful, good luck, and get well soon!

Randy and Pam Warner said...

Hope you get to feeling better and have a good night's sleep.

Anonymous said...

How much did they charge you for that allergy testing? (The one you really didn't need.) Just curious.

Jim and Dee said...

No charge for the allergy test. I think it was sometime to pass the time.