Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Help on the Way

Great getting up to 65 temp and warmed up to 75 by 1pm. Now we're having storms moving in and possible tornadoes, the cool down from the West.

Work was weird. That's not the word I want, but let me explain. Yesterday, I sorted out a huge tub of plans (the kind that engineers do) and decided to put the really old stuff that were references on top and the rest just piled in no order. We seldom ever go back more then a year, but there's plans in there back to 1996. You never throw out anything. Well, today, the boss had a call from the NC state water commission with a question from 1997. It was right on top in the tub I had just sorted out. Easy access and the questions were all answered in minutes. Quite an interesting outcome since I took it on myself to sort that particular tub yesterday. I have pictures of the before and after on the room I had to organize, as soon as I find the pictures, I'll post them. I think they're on my work computer.

I got home about 1:30, ate then stood in the kitchen debating if I should take a nap, exercise, or get on the computer like I always do. I ended up exercising for a few minutes than back on the computer. I was watching the trees bend and the rain come down. It was about 4:30, I got a call from a friend that her car stopped and she was stranded. I got out the GPS, put in the closest address where she was and took off. I rescued a dame in trouble. No rain the whole time I was out.

Picking her up made me think how we need friends or family. You can't do it all alone unless you rely on taxis in emergencies. I'm sure on the road you have other RV'ers and people around to help. I read about it all the time on blogs and forums. The full time life in the RV is ALWAYS in the back of my mind.

Days left to buy the RV/truck 3 yrs 2 mths 10 days

No comments:

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...