Saturday, August 22, 2026

Monday Started off with a Bang - Two Ooops Not Good

 Shalimar, FL    (Hi 96   Lo 77)  Hot and humid 112 heat index most of the week

Monday: I had WII bowling at 11:00. I got up at 8:30 and just goofed around. I noticed it was warmer than usual and couldn't breathe as well as normal.  I always check on humidity outside and heard a funny noise with the AC outside, (it was loud) so put in a request for maintenance to check it.  Ten minutes after that I checked the thermostat and it was up 4 degrees higher than set. Ut oh. The maintenance guy was already here by that time and the motor on the AC had froze up and not moving. He had it fixed in no time, replacing the motor that's more powerful. I was back with normal temperature before going to bowling. My high score was 213. Not bad.   Click on the photos to enlarge. This is the maintenance golf cart always loaded with supplies. 

Tuesday: The fun and fast day with diamond art. The one I was working on is now done. (Click on photos to enlarge). 

I think Jim's memorial is all setup. It's getting crowded but I love it. 
After diamond art was wellness class.  It was on courage at 80+ to go on with NEW things and ideas. So many things at this age to have courage to do. Don't think you're "too old"  just do it. 
I had two zoom meetings than to cards in the evening. 

Wednesday: I had two things at the same time. I went to the second WII bowling. I did that two years ago so decided to do it again. The team was great and we had a lot of fun. I was hoping to go to Cyber class, but didn't make it. Same day, same time, can't be in two places at once .
I went to village 5 for hand, knee and foot and while there we had a really bad storm. Things blew around and the lightening and thunder was one after another. It lasted into the late evening. It's been awhile, they normally go around us, but we needed the rain. Some of the streets were flooded and cars stuck.  I got home and it was pouring so just hurried inside. 

Thursday: I was up early to take the neighbor to  the airport.  This is odd, but for me it's believable. I said I was in hurry with the rain yesterday. I got home at 3:30, when I went to take gals to the airport, my car was running at 8:30am. Oh boy, I was in so much of a hurry, I didn't even turn it off and no one caught it to tell me. I knew I had over a tank of gas, but it was almost empty. I'm glad I didn't have the AC on, or I would have ran out. I used the neighbors car to take them to airport, came home and had just enough gas to get to the station. Odd but believable, for me.  In the afternoon I was at crochet did a zoom death cafe meeting, back to crochet then to the main building to help with computers. We had a good storm the last couple days so we are getting our summer rains. 

Friday: I woke up wondering what I could do. I had no place to go and nothing on the calendar. Most weekends are that way. I thought it was Saturday all day.  I did laundry, cleaned the floors, and did some cleaning up with crafts. My neighbor came over and we worked on the puzzle. We both have one so we can go back and forth. I had zoom with NC friends and we found out last night that out of seven of us there's another one with GBM Glioblastoma.  Three out of five. What's up with that. The odds are not in our favor. The only thing in common, we were together since 1999 in Raleigh NC.  I feel so bad. 

Saturday: I was just lazy. I was going to crochet or go to neighbors but decided to take the day and call some friends and catch up with podcasts. I did go to social hour. I went to another neighbor to get her game of Mahjong game loaded but when it went to download it wanted me to sign up and pay. Nope, I tried to get out of it but it "captured" the computer and wouldn't let me do anything. I ended up calling the guru, Rob for help. He said there wasn't any way to fix except to restore the computer to the original setup. So he restored it. DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM PC APP STORE. You'll have to do the same thing.  I looked it up and sure enough it was a program/game that was ransom ware.  I learned a lesson, don't download without checking "where" it's being downloaded and check to see if it's legit.  I'm so embarrassed. 

No comments:

Monday Started off with a Bang - Two Ooops Not Good

 Shalimar, FL    (Hi 96   Lo 77)  Hot and humid 112 heat index most of the week Monday: I had WII bowling at 11:00. I got up at 8:30 and jus...