Shalimar, FL (Hi 93 Lo 76) High humidity 80%
Monday was something different. We had a martial arts with a couple of men demonstrate how to do some moves. Even some of our residents did some which makes you move and use your body core for balance (with kicks). It was very good to see an older person can do it too. They have several older people in their group 80 and over. They'll bring them next time. (Click on photos to enlarge)
The best move was the 55 year old instructor doing push ups with the 92 year old resident. They did 30 push ups and the instructor gave up. Al our resident is in the gym with weights and on the equipment many hours a day. He's working toward the senior Olympics in Pensacola this year. What a guy!
Tuesday same routine, diamond art then wellness class. Topic was Curiosity as a senior. Do you have curiosity of the future and beyond? I worked on my gnomes for the craft fair in December the rest of the day and that's basically what I do in any of the spare time and when I'm home.
Wednesday started out with zoom death cafe. We had two more people join us and tell us about how they care for the elderly in Spain and Australia which is nothing like we do in the states. When that was over I went to "Passport" which was on Italy this month. Youtube video on different areas of the country.
There's all kinds of info. Well worth the time to watch them every month.
Thursday was full and I had to make some choices. I was supposed to go to crochet, but I bailed out. I had another death cafe that I attend two times a month a podcast I wanted to hear and my Hellofresh meals were all going on at the same time. I stayed home and listened to both online events and was here when the meals came. At 90 degrees I didn't want them outside the door if I was in another building. It all worked out. The decision was a good one (this time). At 7:30 I had another zoom class on how to heal the body with fascia. Interesting, but not sure yet just how it will work.
Friday was an early start with Style squad, decorating the commons for the sock hop later in the day. I love doing that and there were several of us doing it. It was sunny on one side so the curtains are pulled over the decorations.
I'll continue with the sock hop. At 2:00 they started the music and eating.
I don't dance, I have a knee that collapses, not good.
Saturday started with a zoom class. Then zoom with a couple gals was for fun. We try to get together once a week but one of them is moving so we skipped last week. I helped a neighbor with computer trying to load Mahjong game. I finally got it downloaded after three tries then it wouldn't play, not the right graphics and not enough memory. Now working on an Amazon fire tablet to see if I can get it downloaded.
Some other things going on in the week. Our lounge was outdated so we're upgrading it. The table was found online from a guy close by and it's bigger then our other three for card playing.
Here's what we had setup.
A start on the new setup. We'll get the walls repainted before doing anything else.
Sarah is our vacuum gal.
No comments:
Post a Comment