Saturday, August 1, 2026

Rainy Season is Here - HOT! - End of July

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  89  Lo 76)   We hit 114 heat index this week

I stay really busy but most of it isn't reported on the blog. I spend a lot of time on zoom with all kinds of classes both learning and me teaching. I also love being with people all over the world in tech talks. It makes the blog not interesting for readers. 

I did get normal daily stuff done, like laundry and cleaning up. I'm thinking what I can get rid of this year that I haven't touched since I've been here. I took a huge bag to the thrift store and they weren't open and there's cameras saying don't leave if we're not open. I have to do another trip to Ft Walton Beach at some point. Maybe when I go I'll have another bag. 

I signed up on Monday for the second WII bowling day like I did two years ago. Not that I don't have enough going on, but I'll be bowling with my traveling partner and it will give us time to keep things up to date with the trip next year. I'll also have to bowl better, they're a top team. 

Tuesday was "beat the clock" day. I had diamond art then wellness class, zoom class and cards and chat. I made all the time lines. 

Wednesday six of us did the newsletter folding for the month of August. 


I got home in time to listen to a zoom class, then went to another building for hand, knee and foot card game. I love that game and I'm glad to play when I can. I had another zoom with some friends then cards and chat that night. whew, another timed day.   Why do I do all the time crunches, I love it and so far it's been no problem.  Beats sitting home alone with the TV. I'm out meeting and listening to people. 

Thursday I did a tiktok podcast which was really fun. Then  over to V6 building for crochet. The gals are doing all kinds of shawls and they're beautiful. I'll take picts when they're done for next week. 
I also finished my puzzle 6 of 8 lighthouses. My neighbor finished hers too but there's a missing piece that we can't find. 

These two puzzle were really difficult.  The pieces are only two different sizes and shapes. They look alike and they seem to fit but there's another one that's even better, so you spend a lot of time changing them out.  We have two more to do but we'll do something else instead to break the difficulty. 

Friday I did another podcast then worked on budget and more house work. I'm still working with charge cards and found my credit went down because of the charge card being declined. We had that card since 2015, so there's a reason but still aggravates me just to put it in my name and not Jim's. There's always something. I still can't get the phone company out of his name. Not going to try anymore, it would be my luck they'd cancel it and I wouldn't be able to restart it.   In the evening I had a good time with North Carolina group on zoom,  which I look forward to every week. 

Saturday we had the village meeting for the start of August. We're wanting to get the room changed and update it. Not many suggestions so the team doing it are doing it on their own and hope it turns out well. I didn't do anything but practice WII bowling with my new team in two weeks. They do it differently and I'll have to figure it out. I hear they bowl close to 300 every game. I have some work to do.  I visited a couple neighbors, went to social hour and chat for night time fun. 

Please take time to watch this from Greenland. It's really worth the time. 

No comments:

Comments Should Show up - Labor Day Luncheon - Tribute to Jim

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 90  Lo 76)  I had someone tell me the comments did not work on the blog. I think it's all changed and they should sho...