Saturday, May 13, 2023

Beach Day - Vietnam Memorial - Mother's Day

 Shalimar, FL (Hi 86  Lo 70)

Every day is different and that's my "cup of tea" so to speak. Thank you to all that read the blog it keeps me going.  

This week started with chimes practice and getting ready for the monthly concert at the Hawthorne house here on campus. It's a great place to play. It's the extension of health care from the Bob Hope Village where I'm living. We played for about half hour then went back to the village commons area to have pizza and just sit around and talked girl stuff. It ended up being quite entertaining for a couple hours. 


I went with my neighbor to the Post'l Point Beach which is a beach area on Eglin AFB. I love their campground, I wish we knew about it when we were on the road. Here's a few pictures. (Click on the photo to enlarge).  We watched several dolphins play in the water while in the pavilion. 




Our whole group from Bob Hope Village
They laid out a plastic mat for the walkers so people can go in the water. 


The road into the campground at Eglin AFB famcamp area. 



 
I spent a lot of time in the sun all week. A little at a time but I'm trying to get a nice tan before going to the NASCAR race in June in St Louis. I gab with a bunch of the gals in the village and catch up on what's happening. I also laugh a lot at the jokes and things happening around the community.
 I also taught one of the gals how to crochet little animals, or at least started. She knows how to crochet, but not the little animals that I do. That was very successful. 

Every year they have a memorial for the Vietnam war times. Several of us got certificates and I put mine with Jim's memorial area. It was a great representation from the Colonel that was in Vietnam and was also a prisoner for over a year. 
The ROTC from Ft Walton high school did the presentations of the certificates. 

I learned to do the goodmds online. It's a way of getting prescription drugs when you need something from a doctor and when you know what's wrong. It was easy and it was sent to the drug store that I needed to get it from. It was super fast and I'm very thankful to have it. I didn't have to make a dr appt and needed to get antibiotics fast, which happened. I'll use that again. They email you back and forth to ask questions and was ready in 15 minutes. I put the address in the GPS of the drug store and the whole process took an hour. 

It's the end of the week. The time is flying and it's great! I have plenty to do and sorting out what's important to me. I've made a couple critters and already sent out to the person who ordered them. The bluejay looks just like the bird, but the pict was hard to get a 3D effect on it. It doesn't look much like a bird on the side view and I didn't take a front view. I have another one to make so I'll do better photo next time around. 

This weeks projects are people's dogs. I go by the picture of the dog they email me  and I make it with no pattern if I don't have it or find it on line. 

I played the last game of WII bowling for the season on Saturday morning. I'll be with the same team, so I'm excited about starting back up in September. I need to be more consistent in the scores. High today was 197, not bad but my highest has been 201. After we played I went to sit outside awhile then to happy hour. It's been a fun week and another different week coming up. 

Mother's Day was fantastic!  I got calls from both boys and my sister. I did the laundry and watched rumba (little vacuum) sweep the floors. It's learning its way around the rooms. It's no neat to watch it bump and turn. The Mother's Day luncheon was at 12:30. I signed up for the second sitting with 165 people. We had a good turnout and the lunch was great. Greens salad, steak medallion, crab cakes, baked potato, asparagus spears and red velvet cake for dessert. 



I seldom if ever wear a dress. I thought I'd do something different and wear one today. For those that know me well, this is special deal. 

1 comment:

Molly and Bob said...

Happy Mother's Day Dee! So happy to see you busy and enjoying life there in FL! You made a great choice! Enjoy every day! Bob says "Hi"!

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...